Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justme222 View Post
    I read somewhere the the neighborhood couple that found her called police and then sat on their steps and cried.

Aubrey I can't watch the video. It's not available at the link.
    Here you go, sorry for problem.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I read this from Post #9

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post
    Thornton police ask public for help searching for 10-year-old girl who went missing during rainstorm

UPDATED: June 8, 2017 at 3:25 pm- video included

Thornton police are going door to door, searching open spaces, back yards, sheds and drainage ditches as they look for a 10-year-old girl who disappeared during a heavy rainstorm Wednesday night while walking with a teen-age friend.

Read More at : onceuponacrime.net - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    SNIP:

Police said they have also collected a "large amount of evidence" during the investigation amounting to approximately more than 100 pieces of evidence, according to Denver7 reporter Liz Gelardi. That evidence will now be sorted and analyzed by investigators.

Gosh I keep checking in hoping an arrest has been made. I was thinking heavy rain would wash away some evidence.
    Me too, also several neighbors interviewed by LE have said the rain wasn't that heavy.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Some people are getting creeped out by the Dads FB page,he has heaps and heaps of missing children on his page,dont really know what to make of that if anything at all.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SNIP:

Police said they have also collected a "large amount of evidence" during the investigation amounting to approximately more than 100 pieces of evidence, according to Denver7 reporter Liz Gelardi. That evidence will now be sorted and analyzed by investigators.

Me too, also several neighbors interviewed by LE have said the rain wasn't that heavy.
    Wonder if the evidence has come from the house or from where she was found.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    Or she was already dead and placed there before the police were called.
    Do we know if there is any one that seen them going to the shops?
    Oh I didn't think of that dingo, you could be right, there would have been enough time. They left the house at 8:00 pm, the police were called at around 11:30 pm.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think both places dingo. Here's a link with photo that says LE was at the dad's house.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh I didn't think of that dingo, you could be right, there would have been enough time. They left the house at 8:00 pm, the police were called at around 11:30 pm.
    Im doubting if they even left the house,if they were on their way back they should have had whatever they went for,it will be interesting to know if any shop assistants remember serving them.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think both places dingo. Here's a link with photo that says LE was at the dad's house.

Thanks Paddy,I think something happened in the house and the rain story is the best cover up they could think of.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Body Of Girl In Thornton Homicide Case Had Severe Trauma

June 10, 2017 9:07 AM

DENVER (CBS4)– There was severe trauma to the body of a 10-year-old girl who was found in an open space area behind homes in Thornton, CBS4 has learned.

Investigators are trying to determine if Kiaya Campbell, who was found dead Thursday, had been sexually assaulted.

The Adams County coroner said the girl did not die as a result of an accident and Thornton police say they are now treating this case is a homicide.

Campbell disappeared while with a 15-year-old boy who claimed they were separated during a thunderstorm. The boy is the son of Campbell’s father’s girlfriend.

Thornton police will not say whether the boy is considered a person of interest in the girl’s death.

In the video the news reporter states the 15 year old boys story, "they got separated during a rainstorm" is under scrutiny...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Im doubting if they even left the house,if they were on their way back they should have had whatever they went for,it will be interesting to know if any shop assistants remember serving them.
    It doesn't look like they made it to any stores, before she disappeared (rainstorm happened). Yes, there was some rain, but not enough to have caused flash flooding or drainage ditches to overflow or for her to have been swept away...

I do know LE has been asking for surveillance videos from the neighbors, but not sure if they have gotten any.
    Last edited by Aubrey; 06-10-2017 at 09:14 PM. Reason: added information

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Body Of Girl In Thornton Homicide Case Had Severe Trauma

June 10, 2017 9:07 AM

DENVER (CBS4)– There was severe trauma to the body of a 10-year-old girl who was found in an open space area behind homes in Thornton, CBS4 has learned.

Investigators are trying to determine if Kiaya Campbell, who was found dead Thursday, had been sexually assaulted.

The Adams County coroner said the girl did not die as a result of an accident and Thornton police say they are now treating this case is a homicide.

Campbell disappeared while with a 15-year-old boy who claimed they were separated during a thunderstorm. The boy is the son of Campbell’s father’s girlfriend.

Thornton police will not say whether the boy is considered a person of interest in the girl’s death.

In the video the news reporter states the 15 year old boys story, "they got separated during a rainstorm" is under scrutiny...
    Bashed to death out in a public place in a built up area and no one saw it happening or heard her screaming,I dont think so.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Police follow numerous leads in Kiaya Campbell homicide investigation

Updated at 04:07PM, June 10, 2017

THORNTON, Colo. — Thornton police continued to follow leads Saturday in the murder of 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell.

Investigators were also sorting through mounds of evidence collected Friday at the site where her body was found near 128th Avenue and Jasmine.

Campbell disappeared Wednesday night, her body was found in a grassy area behind a Thornton subdivision on Thursday evening.
    Now police are trying to piece together [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

We wanted to know more about the young girl whose life was cut short and found her [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

"Hey guys, welcome back to my channel," Campbell says into the camera in one video.

Neighbors described the young girl as a beautiful soul who was vivacious and innocent.

"I really love watching YouTube," she said in another video posted online.

She posted lots of videos over the past several years, showing off her new glasses, her homemade slime and collection of squishes.

"Hey guys, I didn’t tell you but I ordered a package from silly squishes and guess what I got, I got the love cake. It smells like actually cake. And just look at how cute it is. Thanks Daddy, I love you!" she exclaimed in one video.

But where she really shined is in her love for music and singing. Posting a video of the theme song to the movie, Little Mermaid, she sings, "She’s got everything, like gadgets and gizmos. You want thingamabobs, I’ve got 20."

She was a young girl who had a lot of hopes and dreams and shared them with the world.

I watched several of Kiaya's youtube videos, what an adorable little girl. Praying an arrest is made soon

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Strange she was left in a neighborhood. Seems if they had a car she would be taken to a remote place far away! The whole thing is hinky!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Candlight vigil held for 10-year-old girl found dead in Thornton

10:06 PM. MDT June 10, 2017

THORNTON - People in Thornton continue to mourn following the tragic news of a 10-year-old girl found dead in the area of 128th Avenue and Jasmine Court.

Community members held a candlelight vigil for Kiaya Campbell Saturday night near where her body was found. It was held on 128th Avenue, between Jasmine Court and Monaco Way.

Hundreds showed up to show their support and mourn Kiaya's death, as well as remember her life.

People brought candles, stuffed animals, and balloons to honor her life, and wrote messages on the sidewalk in support to Kiaya's family.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some people are getting creeped out by the Dads FB page,he has heaps and heaps of missing children on his page,dont really know what to make of that if anything at all.
    wow, he sure has!

he shares more than I do!!!

that is weird.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    she had severe trauma, I would expect the killer would have some marks...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protectkidz View Post
    she had severe trauma, I would expect the killer would have some marks...
    IMO, Kiaya probably would have fought or put up a struggle, hoping she did leave marks!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was wondering if any businesses they might have gone near have video. Also I am not clear about how close to a road she was found but I was also wondering if perp was making it look like she had been hit by a car which he/she thought would explain injuries.
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    well....

"THORNTON, Colo. -- Police have arrested a 15-year-old boy in connection with the killing of a 10-year-old Thornton girl who went missing and was later found dead not too far from the area where she was last seen.*

The 15-year-old, who was not identified, was arrested for investigation of first-degree murder in the death of Kiaya Campbell, according to a tweet from the Thornton Police Department. ..."

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "THORNTON, Colo. — Thornton police have arrested a 15-year-old boy*in the death of 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell.

“Last night at 11:38 pm, Thornton Police Detectives arrested a 15-year-old juvenile male who was booked and transported to the Adams County Juvenile Detention facility. The juvenile male was arrested for investigation of first degree murder,” the Thornton Police Department said in a statement released Sunday. ..."

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    his mom's FB page appears to be gone now. It was there earlier this morning.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    well....

"THORNTON, Colo. -- Police have arrested a 15-year-old boy in connection with the killing of a 10-year-old Thornton girl who went missing and was later found dead not too far from the area where she was last seen.*

The 15-year-old, who was not identified, was arrested for investigation of first-degree murder in the death of Kiaya Campbell, according to a tweet from the Thornton Police Department. ..."

It's about time!!!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    well....

Thanks for the update. I kind of expected 15 year old boy to be arrested sooner or later.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    well....

I knew it! Thanks PK for the update!
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    well....

No surprise there.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I hope they charge him as an adult.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I hope they charge him as an adult.
    Me too,sounds like he has a lot of rage.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Me too,sounds like he has a lot of rage.
    Curious if he had tried something before, when she came to visit, did she threaten to tell?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Curious if he had tried something before, when she came to visit, did she threaten to tell?
    Its possible.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He has a twin.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast