Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregongal View Post
    Wow!
    I haven't been to this thread since the 11th, just caught up.
    First, thank you all for keeping such good notes for me .
    Then, I am not surprised. The story sounded hinky to me from the get go. And I kept thinking, sorta stepbrother, 15 yrs old. He said he ran away, they got separated in this horrible downpour that seems not to have been such....
    felt hinky.
    I hope they charge him as an adult. He did what used to be a horrible 'adult' crime. Times have changed and the statutes need to as well.
    It's disgusting as well as so sad that 'kids' are so violent these days.
    That's another subject.
    But, I am all for these little murdering POS's being tried as adults in any felony case. Especially murder.
    And this was obviously planned. I wonder how long he's been grooming her? How he got her to go with him?
    What was the reason they were out and about according to parents. If that's been said, I missed it.
    So many questions.
    The biggest one we will probably never know the answer to...why?

Rest in peace sweet girl. Fly with the angels.
    They were supposed to be going to the shops.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The legal definition of Deliberate is An act which is neither sudden nor rash and for which an individual considered the probable consequences beforehand.

I wonder if he had a weapon with him,some speculation on the FB page was that he could have bashed her with a rock.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    They were supposed to be going to the shops.
    Thanks darlin.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks darlin.

One piece of evidence from her backpack was Kruger drink,Im not sure what a Kruger drink is,whether you can just buy them anywhere or not.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One piece of evidence from her backpack was Kruger drink,Im not sure what a Kruger drink is,whether you can just buy them anywhere or not.
    I just googled Kruger drink, no results.
    I didn't know she had a backpack. Was that part of the 100 pieces of evidence they found?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just read back and see she did have a backpack.

ETA~ I'm looking forward to learning what other evidence they have that connected the 'sort of' stepbro to the crime since the arrest came fairly fast.
    Last edited by Oregongal; 06-15-2017 at 04:33 AM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I just googled Kruger drink, no results.
    I didn't know she had a backpack. Was that part of the 100 pieces of evidence they found?
    I think I spelt it wrong,it should be Kroger.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think I spelt it wrong,it should be Kroger.
    Kroger is a grocery store, so maybe they stopped there to get a drink? Maybe they were caught on surveillance camera there and that's how LE knew who she was with?
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama View Post
    Kroger is a grocery store, so maybe they stopped there to get a drink? Maybe they were caught on surveillance camera there and that's how LE knew who she was with?
    Thanks Kitty.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I read that Kiaya was caught on camera at 10.30 that night,it will be interesting to find out where the dad and girlfriend were at that time.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I read that Kiaya was caught on camera at 10.30 that night,it will be interesting to find out where the dad and girlfriend were at that time.
    Interesting....
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Published on June 14, 2017

This is the first time I've actually heard news reporters say his name.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Published on Jun 15, 2017

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Arrest Of 15-Year-Old Murder Suspect Came As ‘Utter Shock’ To Friend’s Mom

June 15, 2017 10:27 AM

THORNTON, Colo. (CBS4)– The arrest of the 15-year-old boy in the murder of 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell came as an "utter shock" to the mother of the boy’s close friend.

Campbell was [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and Aidan Zellmer was arrested two days later. The two juveniles’ parents were dating.

Zellmer is so young that prosecutors need a judge’s permission to charge him as an adult. He currently faces two first degree murder charges.

Crystal Gabaldon’s 15-year-old daughter was best friends with Zellmer. She said she watched television newscasts to get updates on the Campbell case and used it as a warning to her children.

"Because you know I have girls that age. I go ‘Look at what can happen, you guys. You never know what can happen. You guys have got to be careful.’ A couple of days later that’s when I seen that Aiden was a suspect. And I was just in utter shock," Gabaldon said.

Article goes with the above video. Appears when he was around this family he was on his best behavior...

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The family of Kiaya Campbell, the 10-year-old who went missing in early June and was later found dead, released a statement Saturday thanking law enforcement and emergency responders for their work and for the support the family received both here and across the nation.
    “We would like to thank, from the bottom of our hearts, all those who have expressed their love and concern for the loss we are suffering,” the family’s statement read. “The outpouring of local community, statewide, and nationwide support has given us comfort and a greater belief in humanity.”

Admin
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The family of Kiaya Campbell, the 10-year-old who went missing in early June and was later found dead, released a statement Saturday thanking law enforcement and emergency responders for their work and for the support the family received both here and across the nation.
    “We would like to thank, from the bottom of our hearts, all those who have expressed their love and concern for the loss we are suffering,” the family’s statement read. “The outpouring of local community, statewide, and nationwide support has given us comfort and a greater belief in humanity.”

What a nice speech she wrote for her grade 5 graduation. I can only imagine the heartache her family is going through .

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    New Details Released In Death Of Kiaya Campbell

June 23, 2017 6:14 PM

THORNTON, Colo. (CBS4)– The investigation into the murder of 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell has found bruises on her body, but so far no evidence that she was sexually assaulted.

A 15-year-old boy has been charged with her murder.

When the girl was located there were questions as to whether she had been molested.

Now we are learning, to this point, there has been no indication of that.

SNIP

The state of her clothing gave rise to questions as to whether there had been a sexual assault, but that does not appear to be the case.

SNIP

He is to appear in court again June 30. At that time a date is to be set for a hearing that may include arguments for release on bond, a preliminary hearing on the evidence, and whether he should be tried as an adult.

The Adams County Coroner has completed the autopsy of the girl, but will not release the results or comment because the case remains under investigation.

That's a relief, thank God she was not molested too.
    Last edited by Aubrey; 06-24-2017 at 02:40 AM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    At least she was saved that much.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Arrest Of 15-Year-Old Murder Suspect Came As ‘Utter Shock’ To Friend’s Mom

June 15, 2017 10:27 AM

THORNTON, Colo. (CBS4)– The arrest of the 15-year-old boy in the murder of 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell came as an "utter shock" to the mother of the boy’s close friend.

Campbell was [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and Aidan Zellmer was arrested two days later. The two juveniles’ parents were dating.

Zellmer is so young that prosecutors need a judge’s permission to charge him as an adult. He currently faces two first degree murder charges.

Crystal Gabaldon’s 15-year-old daughter was best friends with Zellmer. She said she watched television newscasts to get updates on the Campbell case and used it as a warning to her children.

"Because you know I have girls that age. I go ‘Look at what can happen, you guys. You never know what can happen. You guys have got to be careful.’ A couple of days later that’s when I seen that Aiden was a suspect. And I was just in utter shock," Gabaldon said.

Article goes with the above video. Appears when he was around this family he was on his best behavior...
    This is so different than what we are told about the suspect. Maybe an Eddie Haskell type of kid?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justme222 View Post
    This is so different than what we are told about the suspect. Maybe an Eddie Haskell type of kid?
    Yep, think you're right and there's a lot of teens out there just like Eddie Haskell, they can pull the wool over their friends parents eyes.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So happy to hear Kiaya wasn't sexually assaulted.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Teenager accused of killing 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell due in court Friday

5:28 PM, Jun 29, 2017

ADAMS COUNTY, Colo. – The teenaged boy [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] earlier this month will be back in an Adams County courtroom Friday.

At the hearing, which is scheduled for 1:30 p.m., a judge will determine what bond will be set for the 15-year-old boy, who faces a first-degree murder charge and a murder of a child charge in connection with Kiaya Campbell's death.

The District Attorney’s Office is also expected to file a transfer request to try and get the teen charged as an adult. Dave Young, the district attorney for the 17th Judicial District, informed the court earlier this month he would motion to charge the teen as an adult.

Cameras won’t be allowed inside Friday’s hearing.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Teenager accused of killing 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell due in court Friday

5:28 PM, Jun 29, 2017

ADAMS COUNTY, Colo. – The teenaged boy [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] earlier this month will be back in an Adams County courtroom Friday.

At the hearing, which is scheduled for 1:30 p.m., a judge will determine what bond will be set for the 15-year-old boy, who faces a first-degree murder charge and a murder of a child charge in connection with Kiaya Campbell's death.

The District Attorney’s Office is also expected to file a transfer request to try and get the teen charged as an adult. Dave Young, the district attorney for the 17th Judicial District, informed the court earlier this month he would motion to charge the teen as an adult.

Cameras won’t be allowed inside Friday’s hearing.

Bond??.................

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bond??.................
    I guess in the state of Colorado if you're being held as juvenile you can be given bond. I'm thinking this little monster isn't going to be given bond, at least I hope he's not. IMO, he should be charged as an adult.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Judge postpones hearing for teen accused of killing Kiaya Campbell

A week-long hearing was scheduled to begin Oct. 30 in Adams County

June 30, 2017 at 2:44 pm

A judge has postponed a hearing to decide whether a 15-year-old boy will be tried in adult court in the death of 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell.

A week-long hearing was scheduled to begin Oct. 30 in Adams County. A preliminary hearing during the same hearing will determine whether there is sufficient evidence to warrant a trial.

The skinny, fidgety teen, who appears to be much younger than 15, huddled close to his attorney and was silent. He was trembling slightly with his hands held behind his back. The boy has curly dark brown hair and wore a blue detention home shirt and green, tie-string pants.

Jessica Meza, his attorney, asked for a delay of four months to give her time to prepare for the hearing.

"Considering he is only 15 and is facing life in prison we need to be prepared," Meza said. "This is an ongoing investigation. We need the testimony from various experts. It’s going to be a lengthy hearing."

Magistrate Judge Priscilla Loew, who had excluded the media at a prior hearing, allowed reporters to remain in the court because there was no evidence presented at the hearing, said Assistant District Attorney Jess Redman.

So there you have it, we don't know anything other than the hearing was cancelled and he'll be juvenile hall for at least 4 months.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Judge postpones hearing for teen accused of killing Kiaya Campbell

A week-long hearing was scheduled to begin Oct. 30 in Adams County

June 30, 2017 at 2:44 pm

A judge has postponed a hearing to decide whether a 15-year-old boy will be tried in adult court in the death of 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell.

A week-long hearing was scheduled to begin Oct. 30 in Adams County. A preliminary hearing during the same hearing will determine whether there is sufficient evidence to warrant a trial.

The skinny, fidgety teen, who appears to be much younger than 15, huddled close to his attorney and was silent. He was trembling slightly with his hands held behind his back. The boy has curly dark brown hair and wore a blue detention home shirt and green, tie-string pants.

Jessica Meza, his attorney, asked for a delay of four months to give her time to prepare for the hearing.

"Considering he is only 15 and is facing life in prison we need to be prepared," Meza said. "This is an ongoing investigation. We need the testimony from various experts. It’s going to be a lengthy hearing."

Magistrate Judge Priscilla Loew, who had excluded the media at a prior hearing, allowed reporters to remain in the court because there was no evidence presented at the hearing, said Assistant District Attorney Jess Redman.

So there you have it, we don't know anything other than the hearing was cancelled and he'll be juvenile hall for at least 4 months.
    snipped from your article

Oh please, now he's this little trembling boy. He sure wasn't that way when he murdered a sweet little innocent girl. I'm not falling for his acting, did his attorney tell him to act this way.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama View Post
    snipped from your article

Oh please, now he's this little trembling boy. He sure wasn't that way when he murdered a sweet little innocent girl. I'm not falling for his acting, did his attorney tell him to act this way.
    I think that's the way most bullies act when caught.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Autopsy reveals details in murder of Thornton girl

Oct 11, 2017

THORNTON - A 10-year-old girl found dead in a Thornton greenbelt in June was beaten to death, 9Wants to Know has learned.

Kiaya Campbell, who had been reported missing the night before her body was discovered on June 8, suffered multiple blunt force injuries to the head – some of which caused skull fractures – as well as wounds to several fingers, according to an autopsy report.

Two days after the girl’s body was discovered, Thornton police arrested 15-year-old Aiden Zellmer.

snipped

The autopsy report, released by Adams County Coroner Monica Broncucia-Jordan after an open records request by 9NEWS, details a horrific series of injuries – multiple open lacerations on the right side of the girl’s head, many directly connected to skull fractures.

It also described multiple injuries to her hands, including a broken finger and other contusions.

The report does not indicate what caused the wounds.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345