Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Congressman shot in Alexandria?

Something about 50 shots at a baseball practice? If anyone has the news on, please post an update, thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    House Majority Whip Steve Scalise was shot in the hip and multiple Congressional aides were hit by a gunman with a rifle who opened fire at a baseball practice in Virginia Wednesday morning, Fox News confirmed.

At least one aide was shot in the chest.

The gunman was shot by U.S. Capital Police, apprehended and taken to the hospital.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

tv says it is a white male

Rand Paul was there, not shot

not sure, but I think the shooter is still alive

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    First Coast News*@FCN2go·1m

. @RandPaul and @JeffFlake says if it weren't for Scalise's security detail, today's shooting could have been a 'massacre
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., told Fox News he left just before the shooting.
    As he walked to his car, a man asked DeSantis if it was Republicans or Democrats practicing. About three minutes the shooting began, DeSantis said.
    The shooting began at 7:15 a.m. and lasted about 10 minutes, sources told Fox News.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Scott McGrew*@ScottMcGrew·13m

"He had a lot of ammo" says Sen Jeff Flake of gunman. Describes gunman as "40's maybe 50's, white." "50 shots would be an understatement.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    TODAY*@TODAYshow·16m

Scalise being at practice “saved everybody else’s life. W/o leadership person there would’ve been no security there.” –Rand Paul on MSNBC

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks girls. Wow.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ABC 7 News - WJLA*@ABC7News·10m

THE LATEST of the 5 shot in Alexandria: - Rep. Scalise - 2 security details - 1 staffer - 1 lobbyist - Suspect in custody

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    KATU News*@KATUNews·8m

Alexandria, Va. Police: 5 people taken to area hospitals for treatment Congressional aide: Rep. Scalise in stable condition

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Scott Taylor ABC 7*@ScottTaylorTV·6m

Congressional baseball game where the shooting occurred had already raised $600,000 for charity

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    live updates here:

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "...Katie Fillus of Alexandria had just gotten out of her car to walk her dogs in the park nearby when she said she heard “very, very loud popping sounds.”

“And I knew a baseball team was practicing, and everybody started screaming: ‘Hit the ground! Hit the ground!’

She said she laid flat in the field as the gunshots grew louder — “like he was walking across the field toward all of us, the gunman, and I was screaming: ‘Can someone help me? I have my dogs and I can’t get behind anything.’ ”

Fillus said a police agent pulled out a gun and tried to shoot back. “He was screaming, “Drop your weapon!’ And he shot her and she fell on the ground. She fell on the ground in front of us, and we were all just trying to lay as flat we could. And I belly crawled, dragging through the mud. I got to the car and I ducked under the car and I laid as close as I could under the car to hide from the person. Then the police seemed to come.”..."

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Amanda Fay*@AmandaWTOL·1m

Update on Rep. Scalise: spokesperson says he is in good spirits in the hospital

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep. Joe Barton (R-Tex.), who coaches the team, walked back into the U.S. Capitol at 9:45 a.m. with his two sons, who had been at practice with him.

“We had a shooter come out to practice,” he said, his voice and body shaking as he described the scene. “He starred shooting. He shot at Trent Kelly, our third baseman, he shot at Steve Scalise, our second baseman. He hit Steve Scalise. Scalise’s security detail and Capitol Hill Police immediately began to return fire.”

Barton said Alexandria police also showed up and began firing.

“I think the security detail saved a lot of lives because they attacked the shooter,” Barton said. “So the heroes are the Capitol Hill Police, Alexandria Police and Steve Scalise’s security detail.”

Barton confirmed that there is usually a police presence at practice.

It lasted “about 10 minutes, about five to 10 minutes. There were dozens if not hundreds of shots fired.”

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    same link as above:

10:07 AM
    June 14 by Ed O'Keefe
    Congressional votes canceled, but tours go on
    All votes are canceled in the House today, and many committee hearings have also been canceled Among them was a hearing by the House Natural Resources Committee scheduled to consider legislation regarding gun silencers.

Bill markups in the House Ways and Means Committee and the House Financial Services Committee were also canceled. In addition, Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) and Rep. John Conyers Jr. (D-Mich.) canceled a news conference to talk about the lawsuit House members filed against President Trump on the emoluments clause.

However, Capitol tours went on, starting shortly before 10 a.m.

Red-coated tour guides were describing the history of Statuary Hall, the former home of the House of Representatives, and the statues placed here, just outside a door marked “Office of the Majority Whip” — the main entrance to Scalise’s suite.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    also same link:

A bullet landed in the pool at a YMCA near the baseball field where a gunman opened fire on Wednesday morning.

Susan Thompson of Alexandria was swimming in the pool at the time. “An employee said quietly, ‘Ma’am, you need to get out of the pool. There’s an active shooter.'”

Thompson said she later learned a bullet had landed in the other side of the pool from where she was swimming. She said two bullet holes could be seen in a window of the facility.

She exited the pool and crowded into a locker room in the basement with other patrons. About 30 to 50 people were held inside the YMCA for more than an hour, and were allowed to leave around 9:40 a.m.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    TODAY*@TODAYshow·3m

Suspect is in his 60s and is in the hospital undergoing surgery. Officials don’t see connection to international terrorism -@PeteWilliamsNBC

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    it's definitely political. here he is:

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think he has 2 FBs:

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Charles Orear, 50, a restaurant manager from St. Louis, said in an interview Wednesday that he became friendly with James T. Hodgkinson, whom law enforcement officials identified as the shooter, during their work in Iowa on Sen. Bernie Sanders’s presidential campaign. Orear said Hodgkinson was a passionate progressive and showed no signs of violence or malice toward others.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Orear said when told by phone. “I met him on the Bernie trail in Iowa, worked with him in the Quad Cities area.”

Orear described Hodgkinson as a “quiet guy” who was “very mellow, very reserved” when they stayed overnight at a Sanders’s supporter home in Rock Island, Ill., after canvassing for the senator.

“He was this union tradesman, pretty stocky, and we stayed up talking politics,” he said. “He was more on the really progressive side of things.”

The Post reached out to Orear after seeing that he liked one of Hodkinson’s Facebook posts.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    wow a lot of the posters on his FB are saying the shooter is dead. I hope the girl walking her dogs is okay. this is so wrong. like a damn civil war almost
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    good statement by Trump:

"President Trump called for national unity after Wednesday morning’s shooting at a congressional baseball practice, saying the nation and indeed the world is praying for the recovery of wounded Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) and other victims.

“We may have our differences, but we do well in times like these to remember that everyone who serves in our nation’s capital is here because, above all, they love our country,” Trump said. He added, “We are strongest when we are unified and when we work together for the common good.”

In brief remarks delivered from the Diplomatic Room at the White House, Trump said Scalise was “shot and badly wounded,” but is recovering in a hospital and is in stable condition. The president said he spoke with Scalise’s wife, Jennifer, and pledged his full support.

“Congressman Scalise is a friend, and a very good friend,” Trump said. “He’s a patriot and he’s a fighter. He will recover from his assault — and Steve, I want you to know that you have the prayers not only of the entire city behind you but of an entire nation and, frankly, the entire world. America is praying for you and America is praying for all of the victims of this terrible shooting.”"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CNN is saying the shooter has passed away. I cannot copy and past of course
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraSidle [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    CNN is saying the shooter has passed away. I cannot copy and past of course
    yes, he's dead.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    luckily no one else was killed.

but I had really hoped they could have taken him alive.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protectkidz [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    it's definitely political. here he is:

Has his fb pages dusappeared? Your links just took me to my fb page.

Senior Member Asteroids Champion, Crazy Shuttle Champion, Barb Jump Champion, Arkanoid Champion MissWasabi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Has his fb pages dusappeared? Your links just took me to my fb page.
    Yes, from what I've read they are gone. Definite Trump hater. Called Shrillary "Republican-Lite".
    Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I found his wife's page and his daughter's - they don't have any politics on them.

from what I'm reading, he's been in DC since at least April 6th. not sure where he was staying but do know he was using the shower at the YMCA which is right across from the ball field.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    June 14, 2017

BREAKING NEWS: James T. Hodgkinson, identified as the gunman in the shooting at a congressional baseball practice, has died, President Trump said. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here's everything we know about the gunman: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast