Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Karen LeClair, 51, Erie, PA - 6/3/2017

""The commercial fishing boat Doris M. left a dock in Erie, Pennsylvania, last weekend with owners Christopher and Karen Leclair at the helm.

The 52-foot vessel returned with only one of them aboard. The other was swallowed by Lake Erie’s choppy waters.

Christopher Leclair, 48, told police his wife fell overboard in a tragic accident. Investigators say it was no accident.

Leclair, 48, killed his 51-year-old wife and staged her death, possibly because of an affair with another woman, police said. He’s jailed without bail on a charge of first-degree criminal homicide. ...

...According to the criminal complaint, video captured by surveillance cameras near where the Doris M. was moored shows the Leclairs leaving the dock together on Saturday afternoon ― a full day before Karen Leclair supposedly fell overboard. Christopher Leclair was alone when the boat returned later that day, police said...."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I bet he abused her. Last FB post was Christmas and no photos but the one of them together 5 years ago. She was depressed about something
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks PK for starting thread on Karen Leclair. I hadn't heard about this case, looks interesting.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraSidle View Post
    I bet he abused her. Last FB post was Christmas and no photos but the one of them together 5 years ago. She was depressed about something
    I was thinking the same, Sara. She looks sa in the one pic, I think that's her driver license photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post
    Thanks PK for starting thread on Karen Leclair. I hadn't heard about this case, looks interesting.
    I ran across it today. Hadn't heard anything about it even though it's not far from where I live.

Admin
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Police check boat’s GPS in Lake Erie homicide probe

Posted Jun 16, 2017 at 12:01 AMUpdated Jun 16, 2017 at 6:13 AM

Investigators hope system can help pinpoint location of missing Albion-area woman whose husband is charged with killing her.

Pennsylvania State Police investigators continued hunting down records Thursday in their ongoing probe into the disappearance of an Albion-area woman in Lake Erie this past weekend.

As Karen Leclair, 51, remained missing Thursday and her 48-year-old husband, Christopher S. Leclair, sat in the Erie County Prison without bond on a charge of killing her, investigators were running down information from a GPS system seized from the commercial fishing boat the pair were last seen on together, said Lt. Wayne Kline, crime section supervisor for state police Troop E.

Kline said investigators are still trying to find Karen Leclair’s body and are working to pinpoint Christopher Leclair’s exact locations on the water.

Troopers were tracking down his routes on the boat on Saturday and Sunday, and they hope data from the boat’s GPS system can help narrow the search, Kline said Thursday.

more at link: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]