Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O.J. Simpson

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justme222 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Did the Goldman ever get anything from their civil suit? I wonder if they can claim part of his retirement money or is that exempt?
    I think I heard today that Mr. Goldman said they have received about 6 figures so far. No they can't touch his retirement money, unfortunately.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here is an old article on the Goldmans on winning the civil lawsuit from OJ Simpson>>>>

Ron Goldmans family speaks out 20 years won civil judgement from OJ Simpson
    February 3, 2017

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Twenty years after O.J. Simpson was found liable for the deaths of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson in a civil lawsuit, the Goldman family reflects on their "empty" victory, in an exclusive interview with "Good Morning America" that aired today.
    "Despite us winning, it left us very empty," Fred Goldman, the father of Ron Goldman, said. "But I think it set an upward path for other victims and survivors. And I think it gave a lot of room for people to start rebuilding and healing when you get to be in the driver's seat."
    Ron Goldman was found stabbed to death on June 12, 1994 at the home of O.J. Simpson's ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, who was also murdered. The former professional football player was charged with both of the murders, but was later acquitted of all criminal charges in a high-profile televised trial.

Simpson still maintains that he did not commit the murders. In 1997, however, O.J. Simpson lost a wrongful death civil suit that was brought against him by the Goldman and Brown families.
    Fred Goldman told "GMA" that he still thinks about his son "every day."
    The father added that what hurts the most after all these years is thinking about, "all the things that didn't happen. All of Ron's dreams that didn't come to fruition. Ron's getting married, having kids."
    Kim Goldman, Ron Goldman's sister, said that she thinks about her brother "all the time."
    "It sort of just lingers," she said. "I have a 13-year-old son that has similar mannerisms. Sometimes he'll do something I'm like, 'God, my brother, used to do that.' Or he has a freckle pattern that reminds me of, of my brother."

MUCH More @ Link..

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I watched one of the shows about OJ and what he did to land in prison.

Seems the trucks were coming to get the valuables in OJ's house for their civil suit..ordered by a judge I think for safe keeping.

But old OJ enlisted the help of his friends...partners in crime..to take and hide the valuables before the trucks came.

Things were stolen and the OJ went to Vegas to get his (civil suit) belongings back.

Oh what tangled webs we weave when at first we do deceive!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justme222 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Did the Goldman ever get anything from their civil suit? I wonder if they can claim part of his retirement money or is that exempt?
    They can't touch his retirement but they can go after any money he makes going forward. And OJ loves the limelight and smiling for the cameras.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireflies51 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    They can't touch his retirement but they can go after any money he makes going forward. And OJ loves the limelight and smiling for the cameras.
    I don't know if you watched the parole hearing today? He said he took a computer class while in jail. He had written a letter to a senator and said that he might see him in a podcast online. When the letter was read today he laughed and shook his head no. I can't see him staying out of sight so hopefully the Goldman's will get all of their money.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

OJ Simpson parole hearing, verdict: full

Last edited by mykittysmama; 07-20-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I don't know if you watched the parole hearing today? He said he took a computer class while in jail. He had written a letter to a senator and said that he might see him in a podcast online. When the letter was read today he laughed and shook his head no. I can't see him staying out of sight so hopefully the Goldman's will get all of their money.
    I watched part of the hearing and saw him yucking it up before the session reconvened. He's going to do something highly visible but he'll find a lawyer who will try to structure it so the money doesn't go to him. The guy has never shown remorse. He sure didn't fool the civil jury. Narcissistic sociopaths never change their spots.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireflies51 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I watched part of the hearing and saw him yucking it up before the session reconvened. He's going to do something highly visible but he'll find a lawyer who will try to structure it so the money doesn't go to him. The guy has never shown remorse. He sure didn't fool the civil jury. Narcissistic sociopaths never change their spots.
    So true....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    So true....
    They just said on ABC that he has a $25,000/month pension. He's got a slew of parole conditions. Let's see if he is able to follow them. I have doubts.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Det. Mark Fuhrman: 'Fix Was In' for Parole of 'Classic Sociopath' O.J.

July 20, 2017

Former Los Angeles Police Detective Mark Fuhrman said "the fix was in" regarding whether O.J. Simpson would be paroled.

Fuhrman said he was "shocked" at how Simpson carried himself during the hearing, arguing with the parole board about the facts of his robbery/kidnapping case.

Fuhrman said the detective who investigated the 2007 Las Vegas robbery involving Simpson told him that the former NFL star knew there were guns present.

Simpson told the board otherwise.

He said Simpson also lied about the memorabilia and family photos being "his" property.

"The parole board was lied to, but it didn't matter," Fuhrman said. "The fix was in. They were going to parole him."

"You're seeing a classic sociopath, a narcissist - maybe even a psychopath," Fuhrman said.

"He cut the mother-of-his-children's ... throat almost through all the way to cut her head off," he added. "It boggles my mind how a man could actually live with that."

snipped

Fuhrman said he doubts that Simpson will abide by his parole for the requisite five years.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Conflict-free life"? Goldman family speaks out on O.J. Simpson parole
    7 hrs ago

It's been nearly 22 years since a jury found O.J. Simpson not guilty of murdering his ex-wife Nicole Simpson and her friend, Ron Goldman. The trial captivated the nation and left the victims' families feeling they did not get justice. Later, Simpson was found liable for the two deaths in a multi-million dollar civil suit.
    As a result of that civil suit, Simpson was ordered to pay more than $20 million to the Goldman family. Asked how much of that money they have seen, Kim said, "Less than one percent."
    "He's never physically paid anything. We've taken things from him but he's never willingly paid a penny," Fred said. *
    Asked what they plan to do next, Fred said, "We're gonna do exactly what we did previously in hopes that he will continue to look over his shoulder and worry about whether we're gonna take what from him."
    Simpson's NFL pension fund, which is estimated at $25,000 per month, is protected.
    "Everyone wants to focus on the dollar amount, it's really for us about punishment and holding him responsible," Kim said.
    Simpson said he may consider being involved with the media once he is released.
    He loves the attention, he loves to be in the spotlight. We just have to hunker down and prepare for that, too," Kim said.
    Norah O'Donnell asked whether they believe Simpson is the same man after spending nine years in prison.*

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have to feel a deep respect for the Goldmans. I kind of wonder what their real life is like outside this trial? Ron and Kim have given so much in their son/brothers memory.

Such love they have for him. It never ceases to amaze me how they soldier on.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have to feel a deep respect for the Goldmans. I kind of wonder what their real life is like outside this trial? Ron and Kim have given so much in their son/brothers memory.

Such love they have for him. It never ceases to amaze me how they soldier on.
    I think OJ is a sociopath who enjoys the mental anguish he's inflicted upon the Goldman family. I saw a story today that OJ already asked Kato to do a reality show and Kato turned it down.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think OJ is a sociopath who enjoys the mental anguish he's inflicted upon the Goldman family. I saw a story today that OJ already asked Kato to do a reality show and Kato turned it down.
    I forgot who but one of the media outlets interviewed Kato and he said he wants nothing to do with OJ.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nevada Parole Board Unaware of O.J. Simpson’s Old Conviction

Aug 11, 2017

Last month, before voting to release O.J. Simpson from prison after nine years, the Nevada parole board discussed in detail the robbery that put him behind bars and his conduct as an inmate. But one piece of Mr. Simpson’s record escaped the notice of the board, the news media, and most of the millions of people watching on television and online.

During the hearing on July 20, members of the Nevada Board of Parole Commissioners said that before his 2008 conviction for the robbery in a hotel in Las Vegas, Mr. Simpson had no history of a criminal conviction. That was incorrect.

As the world knows, Mr. Simpson was acquitted in 1995 of the murders of his former wife Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman, in the most-watched trial in American history. But in 1989, he pleaded no contest in Los Angeles to misdemeanor battery of Ms. Simpson, who was then his wife.

The Nevada parole board did not have that information, officials with that agency said this week, so the 1989 conviction was not considered when a four-member panel voted unanimously to release him in October.

When states weigh the risk posed by an inmate, they routinely look through their own records, and also check with the National Crime Information Center, a set of enormous databases of records run by the F.B.I. Mr. Simpson’s 1989 conviction “did not appear in the N.C.I.C. history” when Nevada officials prepared a pre-sentencing report after his 2008 conviction, said David M. Smith, hearings examiner for the parole board.

He said the parole commissioners relied in part on the information in that 2008 report in assessing whether Mr. Simpson should be released. Mr. Smith’s response came in a written statement in response to questions from The New York Times, which began inquiring about Mr. Simpson’s record after a reader noted the 1989 case.

To see if it had made an error, the parole board checked the N.C.I.C. again after the inquiry by The Times. “This most recent report also makes no mention of the 1989 California court record,” Mr. Smith said.

The parole commissioners declined to be interviewed. Mr. Smith said it was impossible to tell whether knowing of the misdemeanor conviction would have influenced their decision on Mr. Simpson, who is 70, and who has had no disciplinary record from his time in prison. The decision is not subject to review unless Mr. Simpson violates the terms of his release.

snipped

It is not clear why the 1989 case failed to turn up in the federal system, and California court officials said they did not have an explanation. But the omission highlights a frequent problem: There are major gaps in the databases, which rely primarily on accurate and complete reporting by local and state agencies.

The Justice Department has reported, for example, that states fail to transmit most of their active arrest warrants from their own databases into the federal system and often neglect to update records to show whether cases resulted in convictions. Some states still rely on paper files, making it likelier that they will not end up in the federal electronic records database, and that is even more of a problem with older records.

Gaps in the federal databases have often been noted in the context of background checks for gun purchasers, whose names are checked against those files, but far less attention has gone to the effect they have on other aspects of law enforcement, like sentencing and parole.

snipped

At his parole hearing, Mr. Simpson said, “I basically have spent a conflict-free life” and “I’ve always been a guy that got along with everybody,” though Ms. Simpson and others had said he beat her multiple times.

The 1989 case was reported by news media at the time, and received a fresh round of attention after Mr. Simpson became a suspect in the murders.

In that case, prosecutors charged that early on New Year’s Day, at the Simpson home in the Brentwood section of Los Angeles, Mr. Simpson punched, kicked and slapped his wife while yelling “I’ll kill you.” He first denied the accusations, but a few months later, he pleaded no contest to one count of spousal battery.

The charge carried a maximum sentence of a year in jail, but a judge opted not to incarcerate Mr. Simpson, instead ordering him to perform community service and receive counseling.

The comments on this article are worth a read.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If This Bill Had Passed Earlier, OJ Simpson Probably Wouldn’t Be Released on Parole

Sept 25, 2017

O.J. Simpson was granted parole earlier this year, after a Nevada board determined he had served enough time for an armed robbery conviction. Those disappointed with the decision to release Simpson felt that the board should have taken into account his history of domestic violence from his marriage to Nicole Brown Simpson. State guidelines kept the parole board from considering those past actions in their decision, but a new bill set to be introduced on Tuesday would require the board to take take such incidents into account in the future.

Nevada Assemblywoman Lisa Krasner, who wrote the proposed legislation, will discuss it at a press conference on Tuesday. Krasner has a history of advocating on behalf of domestic violence victims. She will joined by attorney Gloria Allred, who represented the family of Nicole Brown Simpson after Nicole’s death in 1994.

Allred spoke to Krasner about introducing legislation like this after O.J. Simpson was granted parole. While Simpson was acquitted of murdering Nicole, a civil court held him liable, and there was also reported history of violence prior to Nicole’s death.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

O.J. Simpson Parole Board in the Dark About Spousal Battery Conviction

09/26/17

O.J. Simpson might not have been paroled had the Nevada Parole Board been officially informed that he had been convicted of spousal battery in 1989 ... but the board never found out.

The Board just said they had never been told that Simpson pled no contest to beating Nicole Brown Simpson on New Year's Day, 1989. Simpson punched and kicked her, pulled her hair and screamed, "I'll kill you." He slapped her so hard a handprint was left on her neck. He was placed on probation for 24 months.

Had the board known about the incident it could have considered it in deciding whether Simpson was suitable for parole. As it stood, Simpson appeared to the board to have a clean record, since he was found not guilty of murdering Nicole and Ron Goldman.

The Board had asked California authorities to forward any information regarding criminal convictions but California never responded. We checked the file, and there's no evidence the conviction was ever expunged. We have no idea why California authorities never responded to the Nevada Parole Board.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Plan in motion for OJ Simpson release as soon as Monday

Sept 27, 2017

LAS VEGAS (AP) — O.J. Simpson could be released on parole as soon as Monday in Las Vegas under a plan being finalized by Nevada officials, a prison spokeswoman said Wednesday.

The process culminating in freedom for the former football player, actor and TV pitchman is in motion, but must be approved and documents must be signed, state Department of Corrections spokeswoman Brooke Keast said.

Meanwhile, the 70-year-old Simpson remains at Lovelock Correctional Center in northern Nevada awaiting transfer to High Desert State Prison outside Las Vegas, where he would be freed, Keast said.

snipped

Simpson won parole in July from a state parole board that set Sunday, Oct. 1, as the date he becomes eligible for parole. Once released, he will be supervised by the state Division of Parole and Probation.

His release could come on the first business day after Oct. 1 because state probation officials don’t handle releases on weekends, said Keast, who said she intends to provide video to the public of the release.

“We’ve been trying to keep things as normal as possible,” she said.

High Desert State Prison is located in Indian Springs, about 45 miles northwest of Las Vegas. It is the main processing center for inmates from southern Nevada.

A close Simpson friend, Tom Scotto, said Simpson is scheduled to be released “shortly after” Oct. 1. Scotto cast doubt on the Monday release date, saying officials were keeping plans secret.

Scotto has offered to have Simpson live with him in Naples, Florida. Such a move would require an agreement between parole departments in Nevada and Florida.

Florida has not received any transfer paperwork from Nevada, said Ashley Cook, a spokeswoman for the Florida Department of Corrections.

Nevada Parole and Probation Capt. Shawn Arruti, who is involved in Simpson’s release, did not immediately respond to messages seeking details.

Malcolm LaVergne, Simpson’s lawyer in Las Vegas, also didn’t respond to questions about a release plan.

Simpson was acquitted in 1995 of murder charges in the 1994 slayings of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman.

He was found liable for the killings in civil court two years later and ordered to pay the victims’ families $33.5 million.

David Cook, attorney for the Goldman family, said Wednesday the judgment amount has nearly doubled with interest over the years to more than $65 million. He said the family will continue to seek payment.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Attorney: 'No doubt' OJ Simpson goes to Florida after prison

Sept 29, 2017

LAS VEGAS (AP) - O.J. Simpson will live in Florida following his parole from a Nevada prison where the former football star and celebrity criminal defendant has been held for the past nine years after a robbery conviction, his lawyer said Friday.

Attorney Malcolm LaVergne didn't specify where Simpson would live in Florida, although Tom Scotto, a close friend who lives in Naples, Florida, has offered his home.

"He's going to Florida," LaVergne said. "There's no doubt he's going to Florida."

Scotto didn't immediately respond to telephone, email and text messages.

A Florida Department of Corrections spokeswoman, Ashley Cook, said her agency has not received a transfer request or documents about Simpson.

Simpson becomes eligible for release Sunday but LaVergne said he doesn't know where or when it will happen.

He expects to learn more when Simpson notifies him that he is being moved from Lovelock Correctional Center in northern Nevada.

Release plans are in motion but need to be finalized for Simpson to be freed, perhaps as early as Monday in Las Vegas, Nevada prisons official Brooke Keast said.

Citing safety concerns, Keast said Friday the plans were not being made public.

LaVergne said he will begin pressing for answers if Simpson is not free by Oct. 8.

He said he spoke with Simpson by telephone on Thursday, and he is excited about his pending freedom.

"He's really looking forward to the simple pleasures," LaVergne said. "Seeing his family on the outside, spending time with them, eating food that's not packaged."

Simpson wants to eat steak and seafood and get a new iPhone, LaVergne told ABC's "Good Morning America."

more at link

Maybe this POS can move in with Casey Anthony, perfect couple, murderers.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gah!!!
    Him being released does not make me happy.
    I was thinking yesterday, what will it be he does that violates his parole?
    I'm hoping they are on him like flies on poop and catch him violating his parole.
    Boom, back in prison.
    I want a redo on his parole hearing. Where board does know about his past.

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Attorney: 'No doubt' OJ Simpson goes to Florida after prison

Sept 29, 2017

LAS VEGAS (AP) - O.J. Simpson will live in Florida following his parole from a Nevada prison where the former football star and celebrity criminal defendant has been held for the past nine years after a robbery conviction, his lawyer said Friday.

Attorney Malcolm LaVergne didn't specify where Simpson would live in Florida, although Tom Scotto, a close friend who lives in Naples, Florida, has offered his home.

"He's going to Florida," LaVergne said. "There's no doubt he's going to Florida."

Scotto didn't immediately respond to telephone, email and text messages.

A Florida Department of Corrections spokeswoman, Ashley Cook, said her agency has not received a transfer request or documents about Simpson.

Simpson becomes eligible for release Sunday but LaVergne said he doesn't know where or when it will happen.

He expects to learn more when Simpson notifies him that he is being moved from Lovelock Correctional Center in northern Nevada.

Release plans are in motion but need to be finalized for Simpson to be freed, perhaps as early as Monday in Las Vegas, Nevada prisons official Brooke Keast said.

Citing safety concerns, Keast said Friday the plans were not being made public.

LaVergne said he will begin pressing for answers if Simpson is not free by Oct. 8.

He said he spoke with Simpson by telephone on Thursday, and he is excited about his pending freedom.

"He's really looking forward to the simple pleasures," LaVergne said. "Seeing his family on the outside, spending time with them, eating food that's not packaged."

Simpson wants to eat steak and seafood and get a new iPhone, LaVergne told ABC's "Good Morning America."

more at link

Maybe this POS can move in with Casey Anthony, perfect couple, murderers.
    BBM - great idea, mkm! Ugh...they both make my blood boil .

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    O.J. Simpson walks out of Nevada prison after 9 years

Oct 1, 2017

(CNN) - An upbeat O.J. Simpson walked out of prison early Sunday after serving nine years for kidnapping and armed robbery in Las Vegas.

The former NFL star left prison shortly after midnight local time, and was picked up by an unidentified friend, according to Brooke Keast , a spokeswoman for the Nevada Department of Corrections.

"I told him, 'Don't come back,' and he responded, 'I don't intend to,' " she said. "He was upbeat, personable and seemed happy to get on with his life."

Unlike previous instances, where controversy followed wherever he went, Simpson was released in the middle of the night to avoid media attention.

"Our biggest concern was our safety and the public's safety and not wanting anybody, paparazzi, to follow him," Keast said. "He left through a big blue door through the front gatehouse and exited quietly. He looked down because he didn't want to be photographed."

Before his release, prison officials did an inventory of what he wanted to take with him or leave behind. He walked out of prison with paperwork and "three or four boxes about the size of a microwave," according to Keast.

Inside the boxes were items such as a hot plate, clothing and shower shoes, she said.

Simpson also met with one person who'll become a fixture in his after-prison life: His parole officer.

"They went over what he needs for parole and where he needs to check in, what he should do to get a driver's license, et cetera [and] instructions on what to do once he's out there," Keast said.

snipped

Now that he's out of prison, those who know him are not expecting him to become a recluse.

"He's not going to hide," said longtime friend Tom Scotto, who attended Simpson's parole hearing this summer.

Simpson plans to move to Florida later. But for now, he'll live in a gated residence with unspecified friends in a wealthy Las Vegas suburb, several associates told CNN.

"He's going to focus on kids, friends, his family and golf," Scotto said. "Maybe not the first day or second, but he is going to go out."

Simpson's children live in various states, with two in the Tampa Bay area in Florida, one in Los Angeles and another one in Georgia.

As a parolee, Simpson will have to meet a number of conditions set by the Nevada parole board.

While out of prison, he won't have the liberty to consume alcohol in large quantities or hang out with ex-convicts. The Nevada parole board forbids parolees from associating with convicted felons and people who engage in criminal activity, or possessing guns and drugs. Alcohol abuse can get a parolee hauled back to prison.

"You are permitted to consume alcoholic beverages but not in excess," the conditions of parole supervision read. "You shall submit to a medically recognized test for blood/breath content. Test results of .08 alcohol or higher shall be sufficient proof of excess."

Simpson received a bad score on his parole risk assessment guideline in the drug/alcohol abuse category, with the document citing him for "frequent abuse, serious disruption of functioning."

He testified that he had been drinking alcohol the day of the raid on memorabilia dealers that led to his arrest and conviction.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

OJ's get out of jail attire.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Florida attorney general doesn't want O.J. Simpson to move to her state
    Updated 9:14 p.m. ET Sept. 30, 2017

Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi does not want O.J. Simpson to return to*the Sunshine State once he's released from prison.
    Bondi said the former football star would burden local law enforcement and could risk the safety of Floridians.

Floridians are well aware of Mr. Simpson's background, his wanton disregard for the lives of others, and of his scofflaw attitude with respect to the heinous acts for which he has been found civilly liable," she said in a statement. "The specter of his residing in Florida should not be an option. Numerous law enforcement officials in Florida agree with this position. Our state should not become a country club for this convicted criminal."

Simpson,*70, is set to end a 9-year prison*sentence related to a Las Vegas armed robbery as early as Monday. He*was granted parole in a July hearing, during which he said he planned to live in Florida upon re-entry into civilian life.

In the letter, she details Simpson's "disturbing history of arrests and destructive behavior," including him pleading no contest to spousal battery charges in 1989, which occurred, "prior to causing the gruesome deaths of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman in 1994." Simpson was acquitted of the killings.

On Friday, Bondi*sent a three-page letter to Florida Department of Corrections Secretary Julie L. Jones saying the state objects to granting Simpson permission to relocate to Florida.

On Friday, Bondi*sent a three-page letter to Florida Department of Corrections Secretary Julie L. Jones saying the state objects to granting Simpson permission to relocate to Florida.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Key events in OJ Simpson's fall from sports hero, movie star

O.J. Simpson's story represents one of the most dramatic falls from grace in the history of American pop culture.
    A beloved football hero in the 1960s and '70s, he transitioned effortlessly to movie star, sports commentator and TV pitchman in the years that followed.
    He kept that role until the 1994 killings of his ex-wife and her friend. A jury acquitted him, but many still believe he carried out the grisly slayings.
    Here's a timeline of major events in the life of Simpson, now 70, who was imprisoned in Nevada for armed robbery before he was freed on parole early Sunday.
    — 1967: Simpson leads all college running backs in rushing in his first season at the University of Southern California.
    — 1968: Simpson wins the Heisman Trophy, college football's top honor

— 1969: The first pick in the pro draft, Simpson goes to the Buffalo Bills and spends the next nine seasons with the team.
    — 1973: He becomes the first NFL player to rush for 2,000 or more yards (2,003) in a season.
    — 1979: Simpson retires, having rushed for 11,236 yards, second-most in NFL history at the time.
    — 1985: Simpson is inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
    — 1988: Simpson, who had been appearing in TV shows and commercials since the late 1960s, co-stars in the first of the "Naked Gun" crime comedies, perhaps his most popular role

February 1992: Nicole Brown Simpson files for divorce after seven years of marriage. It becomes final Oct. 15.
    — June 12, 1994: Nicole Simpson and a friend, Ronald Goldman, are stabbed to death outside her Los Angeles home.
    — June 17, 1994: Ordered by prosecutors to surrender, Simpson instead flees with a friend in a white Ford Bronco. It's a nationally televised slow-speed chase across California freeways until police persuade him to surrender.
    — June 1995: During Simpson's trial, a prosecutor asks him to put on a pair of gloves believed worn by the killer. The gloves appear too small, leading defense attorney Johnnie Cochran to famously state in his closing argument: "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit."
    — Oct. 3, 1995: Simpson is acquitted of murder.

February 1997: After a trial in a civil suit filed by the victims' families, a jury finds Simpson liable for the deaths and orders him to pay survivors $33.5 million.
    — July 2007: A federal bankruptcy judge awards the rights to a book by Simpson, in which he discusses how he could have committed the killings, to Goldman's family as partial payment of the judgment. The family renames the book "If I Did It: Confessions of the Killer."
    — September 2007: Simpson, accompanied by five men, confronts two sports-memorabilia dealers in a Las Vegas hotel room, angrily telling them that most of the memorabilia they are planning to sell is rightfully his.
    — Oct. 3, 2008: A jury finds Simpson and co-defendant Clarence "C.J." Stewart guilty of kidnapping, armed robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, burglary and conspiracy charges. The other accomplices had taken plea deals and received probation.

December 2008: Simpson is sentenced to nine to 33 years and sent to Lovelock Correctional Center in northern Nevada.
    — October 2010: The Nevada Supreme Court denies Simpson's appeal but grants Stewart a new trial. Stewart takes a plea deal and is released.
    — July 25, 2013: Simpson asks the Nevada Parole Board for leniency, saying he has tried to be a model prisoner. He wins parole on some convictions but is left with at least four more years to serve.

July 20, 2017: A four-member parole board unanimously grants Simpson parole, effective Oct. 1. The board cites the low risk he might commit another crime, his community support and a release plan that includes moving to Florida, where he has family.
    — Oct. 1, 2017: Just past midnight, Simpson is released from Lovelock Correctional after serving nine years for the botched hotel-room heist.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with all the posts and I cannot believe this man is out. It is unreal. It is abominable. It makes me sick.
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Goldman family statement on O.J. Simpson's release

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    O.J. Simpson kicked out of The Cosmopolitan after reports of being 'unruly'

Nov 9, 2017

LAS VEGAS (KSNV) — O.J. Simpson has only been a free man for a short amount of time, but he has already found himself in hot water.

TMZ reports that Simpson was asked to leave The Cosmopolitan resort on Wednesday night, after he became intoxicated and extremely unruly.

Hotel staff tells TMZ at around midnight, Simpson was drunk and became disruptive at the Clique bar. Simpson reportedly was angry at hotel staff and glasses broke at the bar.

The website's report says security showed up and removed Simpson from the hotel. They say Simpson was nice to responding security guards, but has been permanently banned from returning.

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sigh...such an a$$hole, always was.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I knew it wouldn't take him long to get in trouble.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast