Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Australian woman shot by police in Minneapolis.

The fiancé of an Australian woman shot dead by a US police officer says she had called to report an "active sexual assault" in an alley outside her Minneapolis home, and fears he is being kept in the dark about her death.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] of the moments around the police shooting of Justine Damond, formerly Justine Ruszczyk, a trained veterinarian and motivational healer who grew up on Sydney's Northern Beaches and had taken her fiance's surname before their planned wedding next month.
    Damond, dressed in her pyjamas, reportedly approached the driver's side window of police car when it arrived in the alley and officer Mohamed Noor shot across his partner at Damond more than once from the passenger seat.

Read more at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    The fiancé of an Australian woman shot dead by a US police officer says she had called to report an "active sexual assault" in an alley outside her Minneapolis home, and fears he is being kept in the dark about her death.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] of the moments around the police shooting of Justine Damond, formerly Justine Ruszczyk, a trained veterinarian and motivational healer who grew up on Sydney's Northern Beaches and had taken her fiance's surname before their planned wedding next month.
    Damond, dressed in her pyjamas, reportedly approached the driver's side window of police car when it arrived in the alley and officer Mohamed Noor shot across his partner at Damond more than once from the passenger seat.

Read more at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I caught just the tail end of this story on Primetime Justice. Thanks for the links.
    Going to listen and read them now. The whole thing has everybody confused and wondering WTH happened?

ETA~ I'm going to have to try later, I'm getting more of the buffering wheel than not. I did read the article which says pretty much what I saw on PJ.
    Why oh why did the passenger cop shoot across his partner thru the driver's side window?????
    And then their body cams weren't on.
    Joey Jackson, love him, pointed out that they hadn't quite gotten to 'the scene', barely had stopped, maybe they hadn't a chance to turn them on.
    That doesn't bother me as much as the shooting tho.
    SMH
    Last edited by Oregongal; 07-18-2017 at 01:54 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cop who killed Justine Damond was already under investigation for 'assault and battery' of another woman - as chilling audio captures Australian victim's last moments

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am so shocked! why would this officer shoot through the door multiple times at a woman in pajamas???
    my posts are my opinion only

Admin
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I saw this on the news... .

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In a statement to media outside Ms Damond's parents' home, friend Julie Reed said Ms Damond would be remembered for her energy and the "joy she brought to our lives".
    The tragic news also trickled through Ms Damond's circle of friends, who remembered her as an "infectious and loving" woman with "so much beauty".

• SHARE ON FACEBOOK
    • SHARE ON TWITTER
    • LINK

Justine Damond and her fiance Don Damond. Photo: Facebook"I know everyone thinks this when a loved one goes in any kind of manner but she was seriously one of the most beautiful people that has ever walked the face of the planet," Ms King said.
    "She was just infectious, not just for me. There are so many people that would talk about her in the same way.

• SHARE ON FACEBOOK
    • SHARE ON TWITTER
    • LINK

Tragedy: Sydney woman Justine Damond. Photo: Instagram"She was loving, giving, smart, funny and caring."

Admin
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    WTH?!?!?!?

Officials: Australian woman shot after cops heard loud sound

• By AMY FORLITI, ASSOCIATED PRESS

MINNEAPOLIS — Jul 18, 2017, 10:32 PM ET

An Australian woman who called 911 to report a possible assault was shot and killed by a Minneapolis police officer after the officer's partner was startled by a loud sound near their squad car, the partner told investigators Tuesday.

The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Bureau of Criminal Apprehension said Justine Damond, 40, approached the driver's side window of the squad car immediately after the driver had been startled by the sound. The officer in the passenger seat, Mohamed Noor, fired his weapon, hitting Damond through the open driver's side window, the BCA said.

The BCA said its information was based on an interview with the officer driving the car, Officer Matthew Harrity. Harrity was interviewed Tuesday, but Noor declined to be interviewed. The BCA said his attorney did not indicate when, or if, Noor would talk to investigators, and under the law an interview can't be compelled.

more at link: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wonder what he thought the noise was.

Admin
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wonder what he thought the noise was.
    Right? This is just nuts. That poor woman .

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Maybe he thought it was a gunshot he heard and he reacted a bit too quickly.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "...A reference to fireworks can be heard during the police radio conversations between Officer Noor, Officer Matthew Harrity, and the police dispatcher co-ordinating the emergency call and other officers rushing to scene.

At one point the dispatcher asks for a precinct sergeant to acknowledge a report of 'two shots heard from the east'.

'We heard those sounds from the station,' an officer responds.

'Those are probably aerial fireworks.'

The independent Minnesota Department of Public Safety Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, not the Minneapolis Police Department, is investigating the shooting and revealed on Wednesday that Noor has refused to be interviewed.

'Officer Noor has declined to be interviewed by BCA agents at this time. Officer Noor's attorney did not provide clarification on when, if ever, an interview would be possible,' the BCA said in a press release on it's website on Tuesday night (Wednesday morning in Australia)...."

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what a tragedy if fireworks got the cops into shooting mode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraSidle View Post
    what a tragedy if fireworks got the cops into shooting mode.
    Nothing about this case makes any sense. Supposedly there was a young man on a bicycle who may have witnessed it. Hopefully, he'll come forward.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireflies51 View Post
    Nothing about this case makes any sense. Supposedly there was a young man on a bicycle who may have witnessed it. Hopefully, he'll come forward.
    would also be interested in hearing why the woman called 911 to start with. I understand it was over an assault but not sure what that means and if there was a gun mentioned.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraSidle View Post
    would also be interested in hearing why the woman called 911 to start with. I understand it was over an assault but not sure what that means and if there was a gun mentioned.
    she heard what sounded like a sexual assault happening in the alley.

so here's the latest - he's not talking to authorities but he is talking to his friends:

"The officer, who is now suspended form the Minneapolis P.D., feels he has been 'thrown under the bus' by his Minneapolis police colleagues, the friend said.

'He is aware that they normally come together at times like this and support each other with slogans like "Blue Lives Matter".

'But in this situation he has realized he is probably alone with his legal team and Somali police colleagues.

'He feels like he is being thrown under the bus and his colleagues are accusing him of not showing proper police conduct on Saturday night. ..."

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Incident Number: 17-265936 July 15, 2017; 23.27:02
    Time: 2302
    Operator: 911, what's the address of the emergency?
    Caller: Hi, I'm, I can hear someone out the back and I, I'm not sure if she's having sex or being raped.
    Operator: Give me the address.
    Caller: 5024 Washburn Avenue South.
    Operator: Washburn Avenue South. You said it's behind (inaudible)?
    Caller: And there's a (inaudible) out the back, yup, yup. And I think she just yelled out 'help,' but it's difficult the sound has been going on for a while, but I think, I don't think she's enjoying it. I think it's, I don't know.
    Operator: Okay, already got a call started and help on the way. Uh, you can't see anything, you're just hearing a female screaming then, is that what you're saying?
    Caller: Yeah. It sounds like sex noises, but it's been going on for a while and I think she tried to say help and it sounds distressed.
    Operator: Okay, I've already got an officer on the way. What is your name?
    Caller: JUSTINE.
    Operator: JUSTINE, what's your last name?
    Operator: JUSTINE.
    Caller: Yeah.
    Operator: And a phone number?
    Caller: REDACTED
    Operator: Okay, we've already got help on the way. If anything changes before we get there just give us a call right back, but officers should be there soon.
    Caller: Thanks.
    Operator: Okay, not a problem.
    [DAMOND CALLS BACK AT 23.35:23]
    Operator: 911, what is the address of the emergency?
    Caller: Hi, I just reported one, but no one's here and was wondering if they gotthe address wrong.
    Operator: What's the address?
    Caller: XXXX Washburn Avenue South. It supposed to be Washburn Avenue South.
    Operator: Are you JUSTINE?
    Caller: Yeah, (inaudible).
    Operator: You're hearing a female screaming?
    Caller: Yes, along behind the house.
    Operator: Yup, officers are on the way there.
    Caller: Thank you.
    Operator: You're welcome, bye.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    best comment of all from this latest DM story:

"So, let me get this right: you're responding to a 911 call from a WOMAN, of a another WOMAN possibly being attacked or raped in a dark alley. You arrive on scene & the first thing that happens is that you spot a WOMAN running towards you in a state of distress...& your first instinct is to shoot her? Because YOU are frightened?"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    another good one:

"He's failing to get 'support' not because he's Somali or Muslim - but because he appears to be a trigger-happy murderer. who had no business being on the force. He even endangered his partner by firing a gun across the officer inside the car! Who DOES that?"

Admin
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Crazy, crazy stuff. And he refuses to be interviewed?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane View Post
    Says a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane View Post
    His interview isn't needed because his partner has already been interviewed and has no reason to lie about anything. I wonder how hot it was that night. Here, everybody has had their a.c. blasting.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    But his partner wouldnt know what was going on inside the shooters head at the time,just what made him shoot her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But his partner wouldnt know what was going on inside the shooters head at the time,just what made him shoot her.
    Even if he's interviewed, there is no guarantee he'll tell the truth. They really need to find the bicyclist and the source of the sounds which she reported.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Even if he's interviewed, there is no guarantee he'll tell the truth. They really need to find the bicyclist and the source of the sounds which she reported.
    Yeah,they do need to be found,hopefully they will come forward but even so they probably didnt see much anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah,they do need to be found,hopefully they will come forward but even so they probably didnt see much anyway.
    I'm curious about the bicyclist. It was late and dark yet the officer saw him enough to describe his age and gender. Maybe he at least heard the loud noises.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm curious about the bicyclist. It was late and dark yet the officer saw him enough to describe his age and gender. Maybe he at least heard the loud noises.
    Shame he didnt think to stop the cyclist there and then but I guess things were happening very quickly,he shot her in the stomach,you would think he would have been able to see her hands and that she wasnt carrying a weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shame he didnt think to stop the cyclist there and then but I guess things were happening very quickly,he shot her in the stomach,you would think he would have been able to see her hands and that she wasnt carrying a weapon.
    Maybe the officer will be able to work with a sketch artist. I also wonder if her cell phone was in her hand and maybe they mistook it for a weapon. There is so little information released, it is hard to figure out what exactly happened.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Maybe the officer will be able to work with a sketch artist. I also wonder if her cell phone was in her hand and maybe they mistook it for a weapon. There is so little information released, it is hard to figure out what exactly happened.
    That is making it harder for the family,I know its early days but they are being left in the dark.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    POLICE documents detailing what happened the night Australian Justine Damond was gunned down only deepens the mystery over what led an officer to shoot and kill the pyjama-clad woman.

A timeline pieced together through [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]and a newly released police incident report shows Ms Damond was shot two minutes after police officers arrived at the alleyway behind her home.
    What it doesn’t explain is what happened in those two crucial minutes that prompted officer Mohamed Noor to draw his gun, reach over his partner and discharge his weapon through the open window, delivering a fatal shot to Ms Damond’s abdomen.
    The incident report shows officers arrived 12 minutes after the concerned resident’s initial 911 call at 11.39pm when she reported a suspected sexual assault.
    At this time, officers indicated the situation was under control and no back up was required.
    Two minutes later, the caller was dead. Officers reported shots had been fired, they had “one down”, and emergency back up was needed.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protectkidz View Post
    Incident Number: 17-265936 July 15, 2017; 23.27:02
    Time: 2302
    Operator: 911, what's the address of the emergency?
    Caller: Hi, I'm, I can hear someone out the back and I, I'm not sure if she's having sex or being raped.
    Operator: Give me the address.
    Caller: 5024 Washburn Avenue South.
    Operator: Washburn Avenue South. You said it's behind (inaudible)?
    Caller: And there's a (inaudible) out the back, yup, yup. And I think she just yelled out 'help,' but it's difficult the sound has been going on for a while, but I think, I don't think she's enjoying it. I think it's, I don't know.
    Operator: Okay, already got a call started and help on the way. Uh, you can't see anything, you're just hearing a female screaming then, is that what you're saying?
    Caller: Yeah. It sounds like sex noises, but it's been going on for a while and I think she tried to say help and it sounds distressed.
    Operator: Okay, I've already got an officer on the way. What is your name?
    Operator: JUSTINE, what's your last name?
    Operator: JUSTINE.
    Caller: Yeah.
    Operator: And a phone number?
    Caller: REDACTED
    Operator: Okay, we've already got help on the way. If anything changes before we get there just give us a call right back, but officers should be there soon.
    Caller: Thanks.
    Operator: Okay, not a problem.
    [DAMOND CALLS BACK AT 23.35:23]
    Operator: 911, what is the address of the emergency?
    Caller: Hi, I just reported one, but no one's here and was wondering if they gotthe address wrong.
    Operator: What's the address?
    Caller: XXXX Washburn Avenue South. It supposed to be Washburn Avenue South.
    Operator: Are you JUSTINE?
    Caller: Yeah, (inaudible).
    Operator: You're hearing a female screaming?
    Caller: Yes, along behind the house.
    Operator: Yup, officers are on the way there.
    Caller: Thank you.
    Operator: You're welcome, bye.

She was doing what a lot of people wouldn't...getting involved, to help someone she thought needed help.
    So sad.
    And keep asking myself why?

God bless her family and friends.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast