Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protectkidz View Post
    she heard what sounded like a sexual assault happening in the alley.

so here's the latest - he's not talking to authorities but he is talking to his friends:

"The officer, who is now suspended form the Minneapolis P.D., feels he has been 'thrown under the bus' by his Minneapolis police colleagues, the friend said.

'He is aware that they normally come together at times like this and support each other with slogans like "Blue Lives Matter".

'But in this situation he has realized he is probably alone with his legal team and Somali police colleagues.

'He feels like he is being thrown under the bus and his colleagues are accusing him of not showing proper police conduct on Saturday night. ..."

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Oh here we go with another perp (IMO) parsing blame around to others and feeling like a victim.
    Boohoo!
    With the little info we have now, the reactions of the higher ups, comments galore, considering his record so far...he murdered this woman.
    We'll see what the investigation brings, I wouldn't be surprised if he's charged with murder.
    JMO of course.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    Shame he didnt think to stop the cyclist there and then but I guess things were happening very quickly,he shot her in the stomach,you would think he would have been able to see her hands and that she wasnt carrying a weapon.
    He made it happen quickly.
    Apparently his partner was calmly talking to her, her probably knew she was the 911 caller. I would think the first thing she said was, I'm the one who called.
    So within say a minute or less he decided she needed to be shot?
    WTF???
    I'm sure his fellow officers are distancing themselves from him because they know he's in the wrong.
    I know he does have a right not to speak right now, think I heard that on Primetime Justice. Since it's been ruled a homicide he has the same rights as every other citizen. He has a lawyer already so I'm sure he's being advised not to speak. Isn't stopping him from saying things that are showing up in MSM.
    He best be careful with his public accusations.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregongal View Post
    He made it happen quickly.
    Apparently his partner was calmly talking to her, her probably knew she was the 911 caller. I would think the first thing she said was, I'm the one who called.
    So within say a minute or less he decided she needed to be shot?
    WTF???
    I'm sure his fellow officers are distancing themselves from him because they know he's in the wrong.
    I know he does have a right not to speak right now, think I heard that on Primetime Justice. Since it's been ruled a homicide he has the same rights as every other citizen. He has a lawyer already so I'm sure he's being advised not to speak. Isn't stopping him from saying things that are showing up in MSM.
    He best be careful with his public accusations.
    Yeah,whatever happened happened quickly,I cant think why he thought she was a threat to him,even to risk his partners life by firing across him.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah,whatever happened happened quickly,I cant think why he thought she was a threat to him,even to risk his partners life by firing across him.
    And his partner was stunned, so he didn't know it was coming either.
    SMH

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And his partner was stunned, so he didn't know it was coming either.
    SMH
    He could have easily taken the bullet instead of her,It must have been very traumatic for him too.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He could have easily taken the bullet instead of her,It must have been very traumatic for him too.
    I know! And he's even newer on the job. I think I read he's been an officer for a year, or just over.
    Poor guy.
    After learning he shot multiple shots through the door, not the open window, partner is blessed for sure.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I know! And he's even newer on the job. I think I read he's been an officer for a year, or just over.
    Poor guy.
    After learning he shot multiple shots through the door, not the open window, partner is blessed for sure.
    So he shot more than once,he was making sure she was dead.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So he shot more than once,he was making sure she was dead.
    The shot to her abdomen killed her, but he shot 'multiple' times.
    Why?
    That is what is eating me, why, why, why????
    Apparently since the investigation is being handled independently, it may be awhile before there is info and/or solid answers to all our questions and wondering.
    Sigh.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The shot to her abdomen killed her, but he shot 'multiple' times.
    Why?
    That is what is eating me, why, why, why????
    Apparently since the investigation is being handled independently, it may be awhile before there is info and/or solid answers to all our questions and wondering.
    Sigh.
    The police officer who fatally shot Australian woman Justine Ruszczyk in Minneapolis on Saturday reportedly thought he was being caught in an ambush.
    Mohamed Noor and his partner Matthew Harrity responded to an alley near the spiritual healer’s home after she dialled 911 to report a woman’s screams.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The police officer who fatally shot Australian woman Justine Ruszczyk in Minneapolis on Saturday reportedly thought he was being caught in an ambush.
    Mohamed Noor and his partner Matthew Harrity responded to an alley near the spiritual healer’s home after she dialled 911 to report a woman’s screams.

Why didn't his partner feel the same?
    If he truly thought that, why didn't he at least turn on his body cam?

And here he is talking to someone other than the BCA(?), the investigation team, again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Poor guy.
    I've read several conflicting stories. Some say she was shot in her driveway. This link shows a diagram and she was shot at the end of the alley. And the attorney for the partner characterizes it as though the officers thought they were getting ambushed.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think that is just an excuse he came up with.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yes, they've had a couple of days to come up with what they think is a reasonable excuse.

eta: just saw it was HARRITY'S attorney who made the "ambush" comment.

hmmm.
    Last edited by protectkidz; 07-20-2017 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Justine Ruszczyk's devastated Australian family are poised to file a massive civil lawsuit in the US courts against the City of Minneapolis and the police officer who shot her dead.
    Ms Ruszczyk's family have hired one of Minnesota's top trial lawyers, Robert Bennett, who says claims the policeman felt he was being ambushed were ludicrous.
    Officer Mohammad Noor shot Ms Ruszczyk from the passenger front seat of his police

Read more at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Justine Ruszczyk's devastated Australian family are poised to file a massive civil lawsuit in the US courts against the City of Minneapolis and the police officer who shot her dead.
    Ms Ruszczyk's family have hired one of Minnesota's top trial lawyers, Robert Bennett, who says claims the policeman felt he was being ambushed were ludicrous.
    Officer Mohammad Noor shot Ms Ruszczyk from the passenger front seat of his police

Wow! No wonder there is zero information coming out...I wish they had waited.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Minneapolis Police Chief Janeé Harteau says 'Justine didn't have to die'

Minneapolis Police Chief Janeé Harteau has spoken for the first time since Australian woman Justine Ruszczyk was shot dead by an officer after calling 911, saying she "didn't have to die".

Speaking with reporters this morning, Ms Harteau addressed Ruszczyk's family, promising "justice will be served".

“On our squad cars you will find the words ‘To protect with courage and to serve with passion’ this did not happen,” she said.

“I want to assure Justine’s family, our community and those in Australia that I will do everything in my power to make sure due process is followed and justice is served."

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The policeman who shot Australian woman Justine Ruszczyk was "well-suited to be on the street," [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] has said.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] shot Ruszczyk in the stomach as she approached his police car to report hearing a possible rape in Minneapolis on Saturday night.
    Chief Harteau said the death of Ms Ruszczyk "should not have happened" but defended Noor's decision not to switch on their body cameras.
    "The officer does have due process and it's my role to ensure due process is followed so that justice can be served," Chief Harteau said a press conference hours ago.
    "This officer completed that training very well, he was very suited to be on the street."
    She said it was not yet second nature for officers to turn on their body cameras because they had only had them for eight months.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    IF he felt so threatened that he was being ambushed, then why didn't his partner react the same way? I haven't seen anywhere that his partner drew his gun, in fact I've read that his partner was surprised/shocked about the shooting across him.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The policeman who shot Australian woman Justine Ruszczyk was "well-suited to be on the street," [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] has said.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] shot Ruszczyk in the stomach as she approached his police car to report hearing a possible rape in Minneapolis on Saturday night.
    Chief Harteau said the death of Ms Ruszczyk "should not have happened" but defended Noor's decision not to switch on their body cameras.
    "The officer does have due process and it's my role to ensure due process is followed so that justice can be served," Chief Harteau said a press conference hours ago.
    "This officer completed that training very well, he was very suited to be on the street."
    She said it was not yet second nature for officers to turn on their body cameras because they had only had them for eight months.

I sure don't see the City of Minneapolis settling a civil lawsuit with that attorney any time soon now that he's making race an issue. Minneapolis is one of the most liberal cities in this country.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama View Post
    IF he felt so threatened that he was being ambushed, then why didn't his partner react the same way? I haven't seen anywhere that his partner drew his gun, in fact I've read that his partner was surprised/shocked about the shooting across him.
    Without knowing details, my best guess is that the partner had his hands on the wheel. It is the partner's attorney who has said he thought they were being ambushed. There has to more to it that they aren't saying.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WTF? Now it's blame the victim time:

"The attorney for the police officer who shot and killed Justine Damond wants the autopsy conducted on her body to be reviewed to check if the bride-to-be had drugs in her system.

Tom Plunkett, who is representing Minnesota policeman Mohamed Noor, told CBS he would like a second lab to examine the results of the autopsy on the Australian woman because 'it would be nice to know if there were some Ambien in her system.'

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protectkidz View Post
    WTF? Now it's blame the victim time:

"The attorney for the police officer who shot and killed Justine Damond wants the autopsy conducted on her body to be reviewed to check if the bride-to-be had drugs in her system.

Tom Plunkett, who is representing Minnesota policeman Mohamed Noor, told CBS he would like a second lab to examine the results of the autopsy on the Australian woman because 'it would be nice to know if there were some Ambien in her system.'

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Wow,the other officer would know how she was behaving when they arrived,if she was carrying on like a crazy lady he would have witnessed that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow,the other officer would know how she was behaving when they arrived,if she was carrying on like a crazy lady he would have witnessed that.
    I doubt he says anything publicly. The family's attorney already said his statement about loud noise was ridiculous. Lawyers pointing fingers at each other's clients is how they roll.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireflies51 View Post
    Nothing about this case makes any sense. Supposedly there was a young man on a bicycle who may have witnessed it. Hopefully, he'll come forward.
    A witness who happened to be riding a bicycle past where Australian woman Justine Ruszczyk was shot dead by a US police officer reportedly filmed part of the encounter.
    The Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA), the agency investigating the case, has spoken to an unnamed person who saw the drama unfold.
    "This individual was seen bicycling eastbound on West 51st Street immediately before the shooting and stopped at the scene and watched as the officers provided medical assistance to Justine Ruszczyk," the BCA said in a statement issued overnight.
    "The individual has been cooperative and provided an interview today."

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Minneapolis Police Chief Janeé Harteau has resigned following widespread criticism for her absence during the fatal shooting of Justine Ruszczyk.
    Chief Harteau announced her resignation on the Minneapolis Police Department [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] this morning.
    “Last Saturday’s tragedy, as well as some other recent incidents, have caused me to engage in deep reflection,” she said.
    “I’ve decided I am willing to step aside to let a fresh set of leadership eyes see what more can be done for the MPD to be the very best it can be.”
    Chief Harteau spoke with the media yesterday for the first time since Ruszczyk’s death, saying she was away on personal leave during the shooting and immediate aftermath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A witness who happened to be riding a bicycle past where Australian woman Justine Ruszczyk was shot dead by a US police officer reportedly filmed part of the encounter.
    The Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA), the agency investigating the case, has spoken to an unnamed person who saw the drama unfold.
    "This individual was seen bicycling eastbound on West 51st Street immediately before the shooting and stopped at the scene and watched as the officers provided medical assistance to Justine Ruszczyk," the BCA said in a statement issued overnight.
    "The individual has been cooperative and provided an interview today."

I am so relieved the witness came forward!

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The American fiancé of Australian Justine Ruszczyk, shot dead by a Minneapolis police officer, has reportedly agreed to have her body cremated and returned to Australia.
    Fiancé Don Damond and Ms Ruszczyk’s father John Ruszczyk came to the arrangement ten days after the fatal shooting, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    A Ruszczyk family spokesman also confirmed a memorial for the 40-year-old would be finalised over the coming days and held in Minnesota next month.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In a heartbreaking moment, the American fiance of slain Australian Justine Ruszczyk will pick up her wedding dress today, as the city of Minneapolis tears itself apart over her needless death.

Don Damond said he would see the wedding dress for the first time today because Ms Ruszczyk had ordered it shortly before she was shot dead by policeman Moham*ed Noor.
    The couple were to be married in Hawaii next month.
    In an interview with The New York Times, his first since Ms Ruszczyk’s death last week, Mr Damond said he wished he had stayed on the phone with his *fiancee that night rather than hang up and give her the opportunity to walk out of the house.
    When Ms Ruszczyk called to say she heard noises that sounded like a sexual assault coming from the back of her house, he advised her to call the emergency number 911. He told her to stay where she was and to call him back later.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Minnesota investigators have obtained training records for a Minneapolis police officer who fatally shot an Australian woman who called 911 for help, in a shooting that raised questions in both countries.
    The Minnesota Department of Public Safety submitted a warrant for training and personnel records for Officer Mohamed Noor and the other police officer who was present when Noor shot Justine Ruszczyk, 40, late July 15, according to court documents filed Friday.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    By early yesterday the summer rain had washed away the loving tributes to Australian Justine Ruszczyk, scrawled in chalk on the spot she was gunned down. Gone were the names of other victims of American police shootings, the messages from neighbours and the heartbreaking note of sheer disbelief from one who wrote: “Can’t wait to see you in Australia.”

In their place was a single bunch of red roses on the footpath next to the words “Justine is Love”. But the stain of the death of this 40-year-old Sydneysider is embedded in the heart of Minneapolis, a prairie city that has recoiled in horror at the inexplicable events that doomed her.
    “We are shocked, our neighbourhood is shocked. This city is shocked and frankly I think this country is shocked,” says Colleen Murphy, who lives directly across from the spot where policeman Mohamed Noor shot dead Ruszczyk in her pyjamas after she had called 911 for help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast