Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protectkidz View Post
    I was thinking last night - do verdicts always have to be unanimous?
    I was thinking about that too pk and my answer to your question is YES. I'm pretty sure.

With that said these trials are so darn expensive and require hours and hours of police work and such stress on those called to testify. Innocent people that might have seen or heard something are now called into the courtroom. I'd probably faint.

I'm not sure what it would take to change to the law that the most jury votes, guilty or innocent wins.

That way when a jury is 11 for and 1 against they don't have to start all over again. MOO of course.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just finished catching up. Wow, what a mess!
    Thank you all for keeping such good notes for me.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    all that for a mistrial. a huge let down for the family but it sure makes sense. the poor first responders probably feel more awful than ever now
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraSidle View Post
    all that for a mistrial. a huge let down for the family but it sure makes sense. the poor first responders probably feel more awful than ever now
    Oh I think those poor fellows and I think one woman had a terrible time with what they saw. Can you imagine.

Then they had to tell what they heard. Eric or Derick, thirsty and cold. That's their testimony. The one EMT said when she said she was 'cold' it comes with burn patients and he turned the heat in the ambulance up for her.

Therefore they DID hear what she said. I'm really thinking this Eric or Derrick was somebody she didn't communicate with but was a friend of a friend and she knew who he was when he did that to her for his buddy. Drugs????

I hope to follow Quinton's trial over in Louisiana. Maybe if anybody sees it coming up them could PM me??? TIA

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jessica Chambers' mother speaks out following mistrial
    Updated: Oct 17, 2017 - 3:32 PM

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Lisa Chambers is sick following a mistrial being declared in her daughter's murder trial.*
    Jessica Chambers was burned alive in Panola County in 2014.
    After a lot of confusion in the courtroom, the suspect, Quinton Tellis, was first declared not guilty, before an error was discovered, and a mistrial was declared

The jury returned to the courtroom several times before clarifying that they could not reach a unanimous verdict.*
    FOX13's Tom Dees spoke with Lisa Chambers who said she will not give up fighting for Jessica.*"I won't give up on justice for Jessica. Jessica will have her justice,"*Chambers said. "[It was] total chaos for both families. That was

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cathy‏*@CCLawNewz

More
    #QuintonTellis - Louisiana will wait for retrial in #JessicaChambers case before moving ahead

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well now here's an Eric. Jackson is Tilles wife. Chikita Jackson. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Jackson told police Tellis didn't work but stayed home and watched her son. When he wasn't doing that, she said, he was with her cousin, Eric Hill.

Hill initially told police that another man named Curtis Lemons had allegedly told him he had stabbed Hsiao until she gave up the PIN to her debit card. Hill then picked Lemons out of a photo lineup but wouldn't initial it. He then looked at another lineup that included Tellis and said he didn't know anyone in it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny47 View Post
    Cathy‏*@CCLawNewz

More
    #QuintonTellis - Louisiana will wait for retrial in #JessicaChambers case before moving ahead

Well now that's interesting. I think the DA will come up with the same results if they try a second time. This Eric will continue coming up and just one juror not believing is enough to hang another jury. 7 to 5 isn't, to me, a great number.

I thought for sure it would move to LA for that trial but reading the article Sunny posted above they don't have too much there either. Yes he used the card and he made calls to the bank but her apartment was cleaned up and no DNA of Tilles was found there.

Another tough one to prosecute.

Slippery eel!

I'm guessing there is a lot of evidence not allowed in court. He is serving ten years of hard labor for being a habitiual criminal so at least he's off the streets while they try.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112