16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Retweeted [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Retweeted [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Last edited by justme222; 10-12-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jury taking a brief recess. Judge asked them to go a bit longer today so tomorrow could be shorter. Jury agrees.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Long break.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    FBI agent takes the stand and talks about his interview with Quinton.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks Justy for doing some tweets yesterday it is much appreciated!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LIVE: Day Four of the Jessica Chambers murder*trial
    Oct. 13,2017

Day four in the Jessica Chambers murder trial is underway.
    Before the court proceedings started, the state revealed a piece of clothing and a bucket that was sent to the ATF for analysis was lost or went missing. They asked the judge to allow their expert witness, Matthew Simon, to go ahead and testify about that evidence even though it wasn’t in the courtroom.
    The judge allowed the testimony

On the stand, Simon stated he was given a piece of material that tested positive for gasoline. The prosecution said it was a piece of Chambers’ clothing while the defense pointed out the item was so badly burned the witness couldn’t say with any certainty what it was.
    He also tested debris from inside the car which also came back positive for gasoline

After the witness was dismissed the prosecution admitted several different items into evidence including cellphone records, texts and other data recovered during the investigation.
    The state then called Tim Douglas with the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation to the stand. As part of their investigative plan, he said detectives pulled Chambers’ phone records and asked for a list of everyone named Eric or Derrick in Panola County.
    He told the jury they had 40 to 50 investigators on the case and those individuals were “100 percent eliminated

Douglas first spoke with Tellis after his named appeared on Chambers’ phone records and was mentioned by Kesha Myers as being with the victim the day she died. He said he wasn’t a person of interest or even a suspect at the time.
    During that interview — three days after Chambers’ death — Tellis stated he had been picked up by the victim and Myers. The girls smoked a “blunt” as they drove around town, past the location where Chambers was set on fire twice, before heading back to the Tellis home and dropping him off.
    After lunch Tellis told investigators Chambers contacted him asking for money. He walked across the street to the M&M grocery store, gave her $10 and left.
    Douglas said he told Tellis, “Quinton, make sure — when was the last time you saw Jessica Chambers that day?”

He responded by saying it was when he gave her the money.
    The prosecution then showed the jury police interviews from November 2, 2015, during which investigators questioned Tellis about his relationship with Chambers and the timeline of events.
    In the interview, Tellis recounts the night’s events and appears to change his story. They then began talking about cell phone records and show him everything they have including location pings, text messages and security footage. He had not seen any of it up to that point

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jessica Chambers trial: Field trip to Courtland, just change highlite Day 3

Oct 12, 2017

Here are five things to know about Day 3 of testimony in the capital murder trial of Quinton Tellis, accused of killing Jessica Chambers.
    Field trip to Courtland
    Proceedings resume at 9 a.m. today, but courtroom testimony will not start until later. Jurors will begin the day with a field trip to visit locations in Courtland that prosecutors consider key to the case. Locations will include the site where Chambers was found outside her burning car by first responders;*M&M First Stop convenience store, where a security camera captured images of Chambers buying gas the evening she died; and the Quinton Tellis home near the store

Juror dismissed
    The jury makeup has changed after a juror was dismissed. The male juror was reportedly dismissed*over a Facebook post made before the trial began in which he*complained about jury duty, according to court sources. A woman alternate replaced him, giving the jury a 6-6 gender makeup.

The man at the scene
    Mention was made during testimony Wednesday of*an unidentified man spotted at the scene of Chambers' burning car. First responders testified they told the man he had to leave because it was a crime scene, and they passed along a tag number. Authorities have never given any indication, however, that the sighting led to a significant lead in the case

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    • [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

• #JessicaChambers - 8 mins later his sister's truck passes the camera heading to Batesville.

Last edited by justme222; 10-13-2017 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When I multiple quotes on twitter please read from the bottom up. Sorry they aren't in better order.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thank you for all the posts justy. It is very concerning to me that they have jumped to Quinton after hearing all the first responders saying the name eric as being responsible. I like Quinton for it but I am scared the case is not strong enough. want the right person to go down for it. What I want to remember is third degree burns negate the nerves in the body and it goes into pain shock. So hopefully her final hours were not painful especially before she got into the hospital. driving ambulance i only had one like this and it was way beyond this case. so I cannot compare. I know they were all overwhelmed in their job but I wish she had not been questioned so much. I feel for them and hope they got help after the scene.
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraSidle View Post
    thank you for all the posts justy. It is very concerning to me that they have jumped to Quinton after hearing all the first responders saying the name eric as being responsible. I like Quinton for it but I am scared the case is not strong enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraSidle View Post
    want the right person to go down for it. What I want to remember is third degree burns negate the nerves in the body and it goes into pain shock. So hopefully her final hours were not painful especially before she got into the hospital. driving ambulance i only had one like this and it was way beyond this case. so I cannot compare. I know they were all overwhelmed in their job but I wish she had not been questioned so much. I feel for them and hope they got help after the scene.
    Agreed. First responders also said she said 'thirsty and cold' in the ambulance. So evidently she COULD speak and she said Eric.

I'm sorry I didn't get to listen to the trial most of yesterday because it seems from what I did see they do have some strong evidence leaning toward Quinton.

I also think with our Nation so color conscience right now that maybe 7 black jurors just won't convict him with 'Eric' in everybody's ears. Also the investigators, in the beginning, seemed to think Eric did it because they interviewed at least and maybe more 15 Eric's and Dericks in the area.

Evidently they all had good alibi's.

I am impressed with Quinton's defense team. I think they are doing a good job.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOL the defense is going to trick this witness. He got phone records within 24 hours but they still interviewed 15 Erics and Dericks after getting text and phone records from Verizon.

Evidently Quinton wasn't suspect #1. Wow.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast