Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Taylor Swift's attorney: Radio host groped her, then sued for cash and fame

Taylor Swift's attorney: Radio host groped her, then sued for cash and fame
    August 9, 2017
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The former radio host who was fired for allegedly inappropriately touching pop star Taylor Swift testified in a civil trial Tuesday that their hands and arms touched as they got into position for a photo.
    Former KYGO morning show host David Mueller, known professionally as "Jackson," said his right hand, in a closed fist with the palm down, came into contact with part of Swift's body.
    "I felt what seemed to be a rib cage or ribs," Mueller said on the first day of testimony.

Swift's attorney, in earlier opening statements, said Mueller is only suing her for money and fame. But an attorney for the ex-radio host countered by arguing that Swift had recklessly ruined his radio career by falsely accusing him of inappropriate touching.
    The civil lawsuit centers on Swift's allegation that Mueller inappropriately touched her during a June 2013 meet-and-greet at Denver's Pepsi Center arena. KYGO is a CNN affiliate.
    Mueller was fired days after the incident. In 2015 Mueller sued Swift, her mother Andrea Swift and her radio promotions director Frank Bell, claiming that the touching allegations are false. His suit argues that they pressured KYGO to fire him and that he lost his job because of the false accusations. Mueller is seeking $3 million in damages.
    Swift, who was 23 at the time of the incident, countersued Mueller, accusing him of "reaching under her dress and grabbing her bottom" as they posed for a photo. Her suit argues that KYGO terminated Mueller after its own independent investigation.

The case is another variation on the "he said-she said" nature of high-profile sexual assault allegations. Attorneys for Swift, one of the most powerful celebrities in the world, argued in opening statements that Mueller was using her notoriety and fame for his own gain.
    "He wants you to give him a payday," Doug Baldridge, Swift's attorney, told the jury of two men and six women. "His motivation is money, calling attention to himself, and getting revenge on his boss."

More @ Link....

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Taylor Swift's Mom 'Wanted to Vomit and Cry' After Learning of Daughter's Alleged Assault: 'It's Shattered Our Trust'
    18 hrs ago

Taylor Swift‘s mom Andrea became emotional on the witness stand Wednesday afternoon as she recounted the moment she learned of her daughter’s alleged assault in 2013.
    Andrea — who is a familiar face at Swift’s sold-out concerts — said in court she first learned of Mueller’s alleged groping after her daughter’s concert on June 2, 2013. “Mom, a guy just grabbed my ass,” Andrea recalls Swift telling her in the dressing room after her show.
    After Andrea saw the photo that was taken of Mueller, his girlfriend and Swift at the meet-and-greet, “I knew there was something horribly wrong in that picture,” she testified. “I know those eyes better than anybody. She was pulling away. She has that smile frozen on her face, but there’s something going on in her eyes. I just looked at it and I was sickened.”
    Swift, 27, was “really shaken, she was humiliated, she was horribly embarrassed because he grabbed her bare ass,” Andrea testified.

During cross-examination by Mueller’s attorney, Gabe McFarland, Andrea said she was “upset to the point of feeling like I wanted to vomit and cry at the same time” after learning of the alleged incident.
    She and the rest of Swift’s management team decided to inform KYGO of the alleged assault because “we all felt as a group that this was a responsibility,” she said.
    Andrea described in court how she had been accompanying Swift to radio stations across the United States since she was 15 years old. Though many producers saw Swift as a “daughter or sister,” Andrea or a family member always accompanied her.
    “What could happen to a young woman if she didn’t have a companion to accompany her?” she said on the stand.

Swift’s mother also reiterated they did not involve police after the alleged incident because they “did not want this event to define her life.”
    “I did not want every interview from now on to have to make her include what happened to her. I did not want her to have to live through the endless memes and GIFs that tabloid media and internet trolls would come up with,” she added. “We absolutely wanted to keep this private, but we did not want him to get away with it. He sexually assaulted her.”
    During questioning by Swift’s attorney, Doug Baldridge, Andrea recalled raising Swift on their Pennsylvania Christmas tree farm. Learning to play the guitar at 11 years old, Swift would play for eight hours a day and had “much more interest in performing than horseback riding,” said Andrea

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Taylor Swift in Court with her Defense Team TODAY!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Taylor Swift testifies in groping trial: 'It was a definite grab'
    29 mins ago

Taylor Swift took the stand in Denver federal court on Thursday, testifying against David Mueller, the former DJ accused of groping the singer.
    “It was a definite grab, [a] very long grab,” Swift, 27, said in court Thursday, according to ABC’s Denver affiliate. “It was long enough for me to be completely sure it was intentional.”
    She added: “He stayed on my bare *ss cheek as I lurched away from him uncomfortably. The first couple of milliseconds, I thought it must be a mistake. I moved to the side very quickly.”
    Then Swift spoke of her allegation that Mueller’s hand went under her clothing, the outlet reported. “After this happened, a light switched off in my personality,” she said. “I just said in a monotone voice, ‘Thank you for coming.’”
    Mueller’s attorney reportedly pressed Swift about her response in the moment, to which she responded, “Your client could have taken a normal photo with me.”

The case stems from a standard meet-and-greet photo-op Swift held before her Red tour concert at the Pepsi Center in Denver on June 2, 2013. Among the participants was Mueller, who sued Swift in September 2015, claiming that he lost his job at 98.5 KYGO after the singer’s security team accused him of violating Swift by touching her butt. Responding to Mueller’s allegations, Swift’s rep told PEOPLE at the time that “the radio station was given evidence immediately after the incident” and “made their independent decision.”
    Mueller alleged in his filing that it was actually a former colleague, Eddie Haskell, who sexually assaulted Swift. But the singer countersued in October 2015, claiming that “she knows exactly who committed the assault” and that Mueller “lifted her skirt and groped her,” making Swift “surprised, upset, offended, and alarmed.”
    Andrea Swift, the pop star’s mother, took the stand Wednesday in what is expected to be a nine-day trial, detailing how she “wanted to vomit and cry” after her daughter told her about the alleged groping.

“I knew there was something horribly wrong in that picture,” Andrea said of an image taken when the alleged groping took place. “I know those eyes better than anybody. She was pulling away. She has that smile frozen on her face, but there’s something going on in her eyes. I just looked at it and I was sickened.”
    Swift’s suit asked for a jury trial and stated that any money she wins will be donated to “charitable organizations dedicated to protecting women from similar acts of sexual assault and personal disregard.” According to court documents, Swift’s goal is to “serve as an example to other women who may resist publicly reliving similar outrageous and humiliating acts.”

Taylor Swift in Court

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Taylor Swift no longer defendant in lawsuit against her, others
    Fri August 11, 2017

Taylor Swift is no longer a defendant in a lawsuit brought by a former DJ in Colorado who says her allegation that he groped her led to his firing, a judge ruled Friday evening.
    The federal suit brought by ex-DJ David Mueller will continue with just the singer's mother, Andrea Swift, and radio promotions director, Frank Bell, as defendants.
    A jury will hear closing arguments in the case and in Taylor Swift's countersuit against Mueller beginning Monday morning.

Taylor Swift hugged two of her lawyers and appeared to be emotional. She looked relieved and was visibly sniffling.
    She also blew her nose loudly in the court as the judge was reading the ruling, causing him to look up briefly.
    Earlier, Taylor Swift's attorneys declined to call any witnesses for her lawsuit against Mueller, who Swift alleges groped her at a meet-and-greet in June 2013.
    The jury was sent home for the weekend before the judge decided on the motion brought by Swift's attorney to remove her from the former radio personality's lawsuit. In removing Swift as a defendant, the judge said there was insufficient evidence to show that Swift had acted improperly.

Bodyguard testifies
    Mueller, the former radio DJ for KYGO and the plaintiff in the case, argued that he was fired from his job after Swift falsely accused him of inappropriate touching. His legal team rested its case on Friday after four days of testimony, including from the singer herself.
    Also Friday, Swift's bodyguard testified that he witnessed Mueller reach his hand under Swift's skirt at a 2013 Denver photo-op in what he called a "violation" of her body.
    "I know she wasn't comfortable with it, that's why she moved, pushed (her) skirt down and moved closer to the woman," Greg Dent said.
    Dent's eyewitness testimony bolsters Swift's allegation that Mueller, a former DJ for Denver radio station KYGO, inappropriately grabbed her buttocks at Denver's Pepsi Center. KYGO is a CNN affiliate.
    The photographer at the meet-and-greet, Stephanie Simbeck, testified Thursday that she also witnessed the alleged groping.
    Friday's court proceedings also featured testimony from Mueller's then-girlfriend, Shannon Melcher, as well as Mueller's former radio co-host, Ryan Kliesch. Both said they hadn't seen Mueller act disrespectfully toward or inappropriately touch women.

Swift: 'This was not jostling'
    The plaintiff's decision to end testimony in the civil trial comes a day after Swift delivered confident and assertive testimony about the incident, which she called "horrifying and shocking."
    Mueller said in testimony on Tuesday that he simply touched her arm and ribs while "jostling" for the photo. But Swift disagreed with that assertion and said that he intentionally grabbed her buttocks and held on as she attempted to move away.

This was not jostling," Swift said. "He did not touch my rib. He did not touch my arm. ... He grabbed my bare ass."
    At the end of the meet-and-greet, Swift told her mother, Andrea, and her management team about the incident and identified Mueller as the culprit from a photo, she testified. Her radio promotions director, Frank Bell, told Mueller's bosses at KYGO, who fired Mueller two days later after conducting their own investigation.
    In 2015, Mueller sued Swift, her mother, and Bell in civil court, claiming that he did not touch her inappropriately and that he lost his job because of a false accusation.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Taylor Swift Groping Case Moves to Closing Arguments
    8/14/2017

Lawyers are expected to make closing arguments Monday (Aug. 14)*in a trial concerning allegations that a former radio host groped Taylor Swift backstage before a concert in Denver, and competing allegations the singer's mother and her radio liaison set out to destroy the DJ's career after the photo op took place.
    A federal judge on Friday (Aug. 11) determined that former DJ David Mueller didn't prove that Swift personally tried to end his career, but identical allegations against Andrea Swift and Frank Bell are expected to go to jurors.
    Mueller sued the three after Swift's team reported the 2013 encounter to his bosses. He's seeking up to $3 million, saying the allegation cost him his job.*Swift countersued for a symbolic $1. The jury will also consider her assault claim.*She called the encounter with Mueller despicable.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why oh why does this guy think Taylor and her mom and the radio liaison 'set out to destroy' his career?
    IMO she just did what any woman should do if anyone gropes them (in public), she spoke up and took action.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Taylor Swift cries in emotional closing arguments of groping trial
    August 14, 2017 at 2:55pm EDT

Clad in a black turtleneck dress and chunky platform boots, the singer appeared relaxed before proceedings commenced,*talking to her brother Austin and mother Andrea in adjacent seats.
    Mueller’s attorney, Gabe McFarland, argued before an eight-person jury that Swift’s allegations of assault destroyed his client’s career. When McFarland claimed that Mueller “is not the guy” who grabbed Swift’s backside, the Denver Post reports that the 26-year-old star was heard to audibly sigh. She became even more emotional when McFarland turned his attention to the photo taken during the alleged incident, which has become something of a smoking gun in this case.

“Is that the face of someone who’s had someone grab their butt? Who is shocked?” he asked the jury. “There’s nothing in Taylor Swift’s face to suggest anything is wrong.” Meanwhile, Swift herself looked on, dabbing tears from her eyes.
    Swift leaned back in her chair as she listened to her attorney, Douglas Baldridge, deliver his statement, saying that “Taylor Swift said ‘no,’” and urging the jurors to say the same. Buzzfeed reporter Claudia Rosenbaum says the lawyer iterated the fact that Swift wanted “one single symbolic dollar” to serve as a message to all men on behalf of all women that no means no.
    “In the most twisted circumstances, Mr. Mueller is seeking millions from these people for his wrongful conduct,” Baldridge reportedly said. “Is the victimization going to stop here or is it going to go on … Is the victimization going to allow this guy to get a big payday?” Mueller is reportedly seeking $250,050 after his initial ask of $3 million for future lost earnings was rejected by*Federal Judge William J. Martinez.

“Is that the face of someone who’s had someone grab their butt? Who is shocked?” he asked the jury. “There’s nothing in Taylor Swift’s face to suggest anything is wrong.” Meanwhile, Swift herself looked on, dabbing tears from her eyes.
    Swift leaned back in her chair as she listened to her attorney, Douglas Baldridge, deliver his statement, saying that “Taylor Swift said ‘no,’” and urging the jurors to say the same. Buzzfeed reporter Claudia Rosenbaum says the lawyer iterated the fact that Swift wanted “one single symbolic dollar” to serve as a message to all men on behalf of all women that no means no.
    “In the most twisted circumstances, Mr. Mueller is seeking millions from these people for his wrongful conduct,” Baldridge reportedly said. “Is the victimization going to stop here or is it going to go on … Is the victimization going to allow this guy to get a big payday?” Mueller is reportedly seeking $250,050 after his initial ask of $3 million for future lost earnings was rejected by*Federal Judge William J. Martinez.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jury rules in favor of Taylor Swift in groping case
    9/14/17 7:20PM

After nearly four hours of deliberation, a jury ruled in favor of pop star Taylor Swift in her countersuit against former radio host David Mueller for alleged assault and battery.
    Swift accused Mueller of groping her at a meet-and-greet event in June 2013. He will be required to pay $1 in damages to Swift.
    The jury, comprised of six women and two men, also found the singer's mother, Andrea Swift, not liable for tortious interference.
    After the reading of the verdict, Swift embraced her mother.

In a statement, Swift thanked the judge and her legal team for "fighting for me and anyone who feels silenced by a sexual assault."
    "I acknowledge the privilege that I benefit from in life, in society and in my ability to shoulder the enormous cost of defending myself in a trial like this," Swift added in the statement, obtained by CNN. "My hope is to help those whose voices should also be heard. Therefore, I will be making donations in the near future to multiple organizations that help sexual assault victims defend themselves."
    Mueller had sued Swift, the singer's mom Andrea Swift, and radio promotions director Frank Bell in 2015, accusing them of interfering with his $150,000/year contract as a local morning radio DJ in Denver by pressuring his employer, KYGO radio, to fire him

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just heard this on Primetime Justice.
    Yahoo!
    Doing the happy dance...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My edit isn't working.
    Just wanted to add...what a jerk!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    he really thought he was all that and a bag of chips, didn't he?

so glad she persevered.