Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lauren Spierer, 20 Year Old Female, Missing June 3, 2011, Bloomington, IN

Lauren Spierer, 20 Year Old Female, Missing June 3, 2011, Bloomington, Indiana

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lauren Spierer Missing 2016 Updates: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

5:26 pm EDT, June 24, 2016 Updated 6:00 pm EDT, June 24, 2016

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]is an Indiana University student who vanished on June 3, 2011, around 4:30 am. She was just 20 at the time.
    Though it has been over five years since she was reported missing, her case remains open. Tonight, A[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] will be investigating the details of Lauren’s disappearance in an episode called [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Read on to find out what you need to know about Lauren and where her case stands today.

1. Police Recently Sought DNA From a Man Who May Be Linked to Her Disappearance

The most recent update on Lauren’s case involves 35-year-old Justin Wagers, who has been arrested in the past on public indecency charges. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]they received a tip that Wagers may have played a role in Lauren’s disappearance.

In January, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] that a Bloomington detective sought a DNA swab from Wagers, whose property had already been searched by FBI agents for having a potential link to Lauren’s disappearance. While his record includes [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Wagers’ attorney claims that he "has no knowledge regarding the disappearance of Lauren Spierer or any other missing person." [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"If investigators were successful in obtaining a DNA swab, a development often accompanied by a search warrant, it would be valuable as evidence only if investigators could compare the sample to substances recovered from the crime scene or a body, neither of which detectives have."

In 2011, Wagers called a woman 44 times and threatened to kill her. According to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] he violated a protective order by calling the woman and saying, "Let me tell you something. I could slip into your house and do you in and nobody would even know I was there." His relationship to the woman is unclear, but[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] she is "going to be sorry for hurting [him]". Wagers pleaded guilty to felony intimidation. He received a three-year prison sentence, with two years suspended, and has been in the Johnson County Jail in Franklin since last August.

2. She Was Reportedly Intoxicated on the Night of Her Disappearance

Lauren has now been missing for over five years. On the night of her disappearance, she was at the party of another student, Jay Rosenbaum. She left at 1:46 in the morning with a boy named Corey Rossman. The two were later seen at Kilroy’s Sports Bar in downtown Bloomington, and were shown leaving by a surveillance camera at 2:27 am. Witnesses say that she was [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] when she left. She also reportedly left her cell phone and shoes at the bar.

At 2:30 am, the two entered the Smallwood Plaza apartments, where Lauren lived. A passerby and student who knew her, Zach Oakes, noticed how inebriated she was asked if she was okay. It was at that time that he and Rossman got into a physical altercation. Rossman claims that the punch he received from Oakes caused him to lose his memory of what happened afterwards.

At 2:48 am, Rossman and Lauren walked through an alley between College Avenue and Morton Street, en route to her apartment. Surveillance footage shows that Lauren exited the alley at 2:51 am, and walked towards an empty lot.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]her purse and keys were found later in the alley.

In June of 2013, Lauren’s parents filed a civil lawsuit against Corey Rossman, Jay Rosenbaum, and Michael Beth– the three boys were among the last people to see their daughter on the night she vanished. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]"The lawsuit alleges that they failed in their ‘duty of care’ to Lauren, knowing that she was intoxicated and didn’t do enough to help her."

3. She Was Last Seen Leaving Another Student’s Apartment

When Rossman and Spierer showed up to Rossman’s apartment around 3 am, his roommate, Mike Beth, was there. Beth claims that he took his roommate to bed, and subsequently told Spierer she should sleep over, as she appeared heavily intoxicated.

Spierer, however, wanted to return to her own apartment.

She ended up leaving Rossman and Beth’s, and made her way to Jay Rosenbaum’s apartment, where she had been earlier that evening. Rosenbaum reported seeing Spierer leave his place at 4:30 am. This is the last reported sighting of the then 20-year-old– and it took place at the intersection of 11th Street and College Avenue. Lauren was wearing black leggings, a white shirt, and no shoes.

Please read the rest of the article at above link.
    Last edited by Aubrey; 06-25-2016 at 02:11 PM.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i never followed Lauren's case at all but i did catch the 20/20 show. i sure hope the investigator is right that they are only one interview away from knowing what happened to Lauren. they gave so many different scenarios and suspects on last nights show that it made me dizzy. i feel so terrible for her parents, taking their daughter off to what appeared to be a safe college campus and she met with foul play. reminds me of Hannah Graham.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Five year anniversary of the disappearance of Indiana college student

Lauren Spierer disappeared in 2011 when she was 20-years-old

Published: June 24, 2016, 8:49 am Updated: June 24, 2016, 8:52 am

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) – It’s been five years since Indiana University student Lauren Spierer disappeared.

Spierer’s mother, Charlene, posted on the “[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] earlier in June.

SNIP

Spierer was 20 year old when police said she vanished on June 3, 2011 after a night of partying with friends at a local bar in Bloomington. Her disappearance prompted large group searches for her in and around Bloomington. Posters and billboards also spread the message, and many of those can still be seen five years later.

Bloomington police said they still investigate leads in the case every day. They said they do not consider it a cold case.

Police said Spierer was last seen leaving a friend’s place. They said she left alone and was walking back to her apartment when something happened. For weeks the whole town searched, the school held vigils and her parents desperately pleaded for answers.

“Someone once asked me how it feels like to be the parent of a missing child. It is indescribable,” Charlene Spierer once wrote.

“The nightmare you never wake up from. Spend a moment with your son or daughter today, something we have all taken for granted.”

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    June 26, 2016

A former FBI agent hired by the family of missing college student Lauren Spierer says he's close to solving the case after an apparent jailhouse confession by a man known as the naked gunman.

Lauren, once a promising Indiana University student, vanished in 2011 after a night of heavy drinking and suspected drug use and has not been seen or heard from since.

But now Brad Garrett, who worked as a cold case investigator but is now a private detective, told ABC's 20/20 he is within 'one interview' of solving the case after speaking to Corey Hamersley.

Hamersley, who was a student at Indiana with Lauren, was jailed for 24 years back in 2013 after having a meltdown while high on drugs, and going on a rampage with a 9mm pistol.

The former athlete was found guilty of attempted murder after unloading 32 bullets into a random house and car, then opening fire on police when they arrived.

Hamersley had become ensnared by the drugs scene at Indiana, a scene which police also believe Lauren was involved with after finding cocaine in her apartment after she vanished.

Now, another inmate serving time with Hamersley at Indiana State prison claims the pair were playing cards in his cell when an image of Lauren flashed up on the television behind them.

The inmate, who spoke to ABC on condition of anonymity, said: 'Immediately Corey looks up at the TV and says, "Man, I knew the guys that did that."'

'[He said] they were drinking and doing ecstasy. She OD'ed. It scared them. They didn't know what to do with her and they took her down to the Ohio River... and got rid of her... disposed of her body.'

While Hamersley denied knowing anything about Lauren's disappearance in a follow-up interview with investigators, Garrett said his theory deserves to be taken seriously.

He said: 'The idea is very simple. One of the mistakes in most criminal cases is we, investigators, try to make them too complicated.

'Many times, at the end of the day, they end up being quite simple. The simplest is, she died at a party in Bloomington and somebody got rid of her.'

The theory is especially compelling because Lauren had a heart condition which could have caused her complications if taking stimulants such as ecstasy or cocaine.

Rob Spierer, Lauren's father, also says the men she was with on the night she went missing hired lawyers 'very early on', adding 'I thought that was odd'.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Family and Bloomington residents still seeking justice for Lauren Spierer 6 years after disappearance

Updated at 09:11AM, June 4, 2017

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Saturday marked the six year anniversary of the disappearance of a 20-year-old sophomore at Indiana University.

Lauren Spierer was last seen June 3, 2011 at 4:30 a.m. near the intersection of College Ave. and 11th St. in Bloomington.

"It was really scary and sad," Bloomington Resident Ijah McCulley said. "It was a real bad time for Bloomington, because we kind of pride ourselves on being a kind place."

On the night of her disappearance, Lauren was out with friends at Kilroy's Sports Bar in Bloomington. She reportedly left her phone and shoes at the bar. After leaving, Spierer went to a friend's house and disappeared on her way back to her apartment.

SNIP

Lauren's mother, Charlene Spierer, released [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

On June 3, 2011 you made decisions which sealed Lauren’s fate and inextricably joined our destinies. You chose the wrong girl from the wrong family. A mother, a father a sister. Only a skeptic would think we would ever stop searching for our daughter, stop seeking the truth and justice. Anyone who knows us knows we haven’t stopped, will never stop. I hope the nightmare we wake from every morning is one that haunts your dreams as well. Six years of silence is long enough....

Lauren, you are always loved, forever in our hearts, never forgotten.

Charlene Spierer

My prayers go out to the Spierer's family

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope this means they searched the Ohio River and woods around it. I don't think she would be far away. Is the Ohio River very large? Does it going into a larger body of water? I am going to google it.

well I did google it and it goes up to Pennsylvania where it splits into 2 different rivers. And it looks like it stops at Louisville. Large river. still someone should check it. IMO
    Last edited by SaraSidle; 06-05-2017 at 02:41 PM.
    my posts are my opinion only