Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sydney boy identified as missing Aussie after Barcelona attack.

A seven-year-old Australian boy who became separated from his mother remains missing after a terror attack in Barcelona's bustling Las Ramblas district.
    Spain's civil protection agency said 14 people had died in the two separate attacks in Spain.
    A van mounted the footpath along the busy strip on Thursday afternoon (1:30am Friday AEST) and drove into a crowd at an estimated 80km/h, killing at least 13 and injuring up to 100 others from 34 different countries.
    A woman who was critically injured in a second attack that unfolded in the city of Cambrils, 100 kilometres south of Barcelona, has since died.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    oh gosh that is awful!

Admin
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pray for missing Australian boy: Turnbull

Updated: 1:54 pm, Saturday, 19 August 2017

snippet:

A seven-year-old Australian boy who became separated from his seriously injured mother in the Barcelona terrorist attack remains missing.

Sydney woman Jom Cadman is in hospital but family members do not know what has happened to her son Julian.

Another Sydney woman, Suria Intan, on the last few days of a European holiday with friends is also in a serious condition in hospital.

Ms Cadman and her son were in Spain for a wedding this weekend.
    Her father-in-law Tony Cadman said Ms Cadman is in a serious but stable condition in hospital, but his grandson is missing.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane View Post

Pray for missing Australian boy: Turnbull

Updated: 1:54 pm, Saturday, 19 August 2017

snippet:

A seven-year-old Australian boy who became separated from his seriously injured mother in the Barcelona terrorist attack remains missing.

Sydney woman Jom Cadman is in hospital but family members do not know what has happened to her son Julian.

Another Sydney woman, Suria Intan, on the last few days of a European holiday with friends is also in a serious condition in hospital.

Ms Cadman and her son were in Spain for a wedding this weekend.
    Her father-in-law Tony Cadman said Ms Cadman is in a serious but stable condition in hospital, but his grandson is missing.
    Thanks MJ,there were reports that he had been found but apparently they were false reports,he is still missing according to our news here.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Where in the world can he be?

Could someone have snatched him during the chaos?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Spanish police have knocked back reports that missing Sydney boy Julian Cadman has been found in a hospital.
    Newspaper El Mundo reported the seven-year-old was found in a hospital, but authorities have denied that claim, the BBC reports.
    Instead the little boy remains missing nearly two days after his mother Jom was struck by a van driving by a terrorist in Barcelona.
    Mrs Cadman is currently in hospital in a serious condition, and Julian's whereabouts remain unknown.
    The Sydney boy was in Barcelona with his mum Jom Cadman for a wedding, but they became separated during the attack which left Ms Cadman in hospital with serious injuries.
    The boy's father Andrew, is due to arrive in Barcelona after departing Sydney on Friday night to be by his wife's side in hospital and help find their son.

Admin
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protectkidz View Post
    Where in the world can he be?

Could someone have snatched him during the chaos?
    I sure hope not but the thought has gone through my head .

Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    Spanish police have knocked back reports that missing Sydney boy Julian Cadman has been found in a hospital.
    Newspaper El Mundo reported the seven-year-old was found in a hospital, but authorities have denied that claim, the BBC reports.
    Instead the little boy remains missing nearly two days after his mother Jom was struck by a van driving by a terrorist in Barcelona.
    Mrs Cadman is currently in hospital in a serious condition, and Julian's whereabouts remain unknown.
    The Sydney boy was in Barcelona with his mum Jom Cadman for a wedding, but they became separated during the attack which left Ms Cadman in hospital with serious injuries.
    The boy's father Andrew, is due to arrive in Barcelona after departing Sydney on Friday night to be by his wife's side in hospital and help find their son.

I can only imagine the anguish the parents and family of Julian are feeling.

Please let today be the day he is found.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Its hard to think that he is fending for himself or that he is hiding,maybe someone did take him.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It is understood that Spanish authorities have a body that they believe is his, but are waiting for formal identification to take place.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/19/spanish-police-believe-may-have-body-missing-boy-julian-cadman/

Admin
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    It is understood that Spanish authorities have a body that they believe is his, but are waiting for formal identification to take place.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/19/spanish-police-believe-may-have-body-missing-boy-julian-cadman/
    Thanks, Dingo....so sad .

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Horrifying photographs taken in the seconds after the attack show a child, believed to be little Julian, lying in the middle of Las Ramblas near the pharmacy, while a woman believed to be his mother lies on her back nearby.
    A smashed child’s scooter is nearby.
    A man, identified by the UK Mirror as Birmingham tourist Harry Athwal, is leaning over the child trying to render first aid.
    “I was stroking his hair and in floods of tears but I stayed with him, I sat there because I was not going to leave this child in the middle of the road,” Mr Athwal told The Mirror.
    “To me, he looked like my own son. He was my son’s age, seven or eight. I just ran my hands through his hair, it was about comforting him.”

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    His father, Andrew Cadman, arrived in Barcelona late Saturday afternoon after making the long flight from Sydney.
    He was met by Australian consular staff at Barcelona airport and driven straight to the Ciutat de la Justicia. According to the Catalan government, the Ciutat de la Justicia is where victims of the Las Ramblas attack are being identified by forensic experts.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I saw the pic but thought it was the 3 year old that was killed, the child didn't seem big enough to be Julian.

But reading the description from the gentleman who stayed with him.....

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protectkidz View Post
    I saw the pic but thought it was the 3 year old that was killed, the child didn't seem big enough to be Julian.

But reading the description from the gentleman who stayed with him.....

Authorities have confirmed seven-year-old Sydney boy Julian Cadman was killed in Thursday's terror attack in Barcelona.
    A desperate search had been underway for the young boy after he went missing following the attack which claimed 13 lives and injured four Australians.
    The Cadman family released a heartfelt statement overnight paying tribute to their “cheeky” boy.
    “Julian was a much loved and adored member of our family,” the statement read.
    “As he was enjoying the sights of Barcelona with his mother, Julian was sadly taken from us.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    RIP Little man.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Prayers going up for the father and mom. Praying mom recovers physically.
    So tragic.

Admin
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Poor little guy .