Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"Heaven is for Real"

I am currently reading this book. We watched the movie about a month ago. The book goes into more. I can't put it down, but not sure I believe it. I'm not one for "near death experiences". But there is some compelling evidence.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ive read that the brain releases a natural high when people are on the verge of death,it explains why people who come back see bright lights and stuff.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't know. I have never met anyone who has had a near death experience.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetC View Post
    Me neither.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is o/t, but I guess triggered my dream last night.

In the south some ministers express their thoughts that 'your fruits/your works' will designate you place in heaven,

Last night I dreamed I got to heaven and my assignment was making beds all day. I guess I need to do better.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    SweetC you could do worse! LOL. but making beds all day would sure be boring. I believe there is something after death. not like a heaven or hell. But I believe our minds go somewhere after a body dies.
    my posts are my opinion only

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    However I do not know anyone who has had a NDE and would be cynical if I did. I came very close to dying when I was washed off a pier in Lake Michigan. there were huge waves and huge rocks at the pier. Instead of panicing I felt very peaceful. It was nice. Then a Coast Guard man rescued me dislocating his shoulder. It also made me feel that I have a purpose at some point so I will keep trying to find that.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have. In 1972 two of my brothers were passengers in a car accident.
    My oldest brother (21) probably died on impact but was on life support for two days before he was pronounced.
    My middle brother (20) was injured somewhat badly. Just a couple days in hospital. But he was never the same mentally the rest of his life.

The driver was going around a curve, 30 mi over the speed limit and was baked out of his mind on pot and hash. Minor injuries. One night in the hospital.

Years later middle brother finally us about his near death experience. He was unconscious for several hours.

He said there was no long tunnel he was surrounded in bright light and walking away from him was our older brother hand in hand with a man. He called our brother, they both stopped, turned around and he saw it was Jesus with our brother.

Jesus held up his hand, that had a whole in it, in a stopping motion. He said, no, not you. It's not your time yet. The bright light faded and they were gone.

Middle brother had had this repeating in his mind all that time, not telling anyone because he was afraid we would think he was crazy.

We all believed him.
    Sorry this is so flat. I still get pretty emotional. Even after 42 years.

I believe in near death experiences, not sure what I think about going to heaven and coming back.
    But, with God anything is possible.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregongal View Post
    My oldest brother (21) probably died on impact but was on life support for two days before he was pronounced.
    My middle brother (20) was injured somewhat badly. Just a couple days in hospital. But he was never the same mentally the rest of his life.

The driver was going around a curve, 30 mi over the speed limit and was baked out of his mind on pot and hash. Minor injuries. One night in the hospital.

Years later middle brother finally us about his near death experience. He was unconscious for several hours.

He said there was no long tunnel he was surrounded in bright light and walking away from him was our older brother hand in hand with a man. He called our brother, they both stopped, turned around and he saw it was Jesus with our brother.

Jesus held up his hand, that had a whole in it, in a stopping motion. He said, no, not you. It's not your time yet. The bright light faded and they were gone.

Middle brother had had this repeating in his mind all that time, not telling anyone because he was afraid we would think he was crazy.

We all believed him.

I believe in near death experiences, not sure what I think about going to heaven and coming back.
    @Oregongal - Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. I never doubt when a person relates their experience. Hugs.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We all believed him.

that story is so intense. must have been so hard for your middle brother to keep that inside. I understand why you believe and if it had been one of my brothers I would have believed him too. So sad for you and your family.

Admin
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

We all believed him.

Thanks for sharing, OG, I absolutely believe people remember these things when they've been close to death. ((Big hugs)) to you!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I haven't either, but I have been with three people as they "crossed over"