Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 45 of 45
  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    by water
    Posts
    932
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    is he out of jail?
    my posts are my opinion only

  2. #32
    Admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,111
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraSidle [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    is he out of jail?
    Nope, no bail was granted.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    by water
    Posts
    932
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Nope, no bail was granted.
    thank you Maryjane. thank goodness and I hope he never ever gets out. I hope he dies first or gets the death penalty. that whole family situation was so awful! I followed it daily until they arrested him.
    my posts are my opinion only

  4. #34
    Administrator Aubrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Leprechaun House In The Big Pines
    Posts
    6,463
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    According to Facebook; Dispo/Reset for June 2, 2017

    It's always something, hurry up and wait.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

  5. #35
    Administrator Aubrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Leprechaun House In The Big Pines
    Posts
    6,463
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hearing: Dispo/Reset; next hearing: July 14, 2017
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

  6. #36
    Administrator sunny47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,963
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Latest on McStay Family Murders

    Mcstay Family Murders: The Trial

    People v. Merritt: Court*Report

    Next Hearing: August 25, 2017

    Tentative Trial Date Set For Charles Merritt

    Trial To Begin In September 2017


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  7. #37
    Admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,111
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny47 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Mcstay Family Murders: The Trial

    People v. Merritt: Court*Report

    Next Hearing: August 25, 2017

    Tentative Trial Date Set For Charles Merritt

    Trial To Begin In September 2017


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Thanks, Sunny!

    Let's hope there are no more delays and the trial actually does start next month.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Oregongal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    1,477
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny47 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Mcstay Family Murders: The Trial

    People v. Merritt: Court*Report

    Next Hearing: August 25, 2017

    Tentative Trial Date Set For Charles Merritt

    Trial To Begin In September 2017


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Finally!
    Hopefully!
    Thanks sunny.


    ETA~ It's been so long I thought I was seeing things. Then I thought, oh no another delay.
    I pray it happens. It's time.
    I don't like the word 'tentative' tho.
    Last edited by Oregongal; 08-09-2017 at 03:43 AM.

  9. #39
    Administrator sunny47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,963
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregongal [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Finally!
    Hopefully!
    Thanks sunny.


    ETA~ It's been so long I thought I was seeing things. Then I thought, oh no another delay.
    I pray it happens. It's time.
    I don't like the word 'tentative' tho.
    Yes J was shocked to not sure he won't try to wiggle out of it but I will be checking to see what happens on the 25th of August

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    by water
    Posts
    932
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    have we read how this happened? I cannot remember. He killed all 4 of them with blunt force trauma? was there a weapon?
    my posts are my opinion only

  11. #41
    Admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,111
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraSidle [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    have we read how this happened? I cannot remember. He killed all 4 of them with blunt force trauma? was there a weapon?
    Here you go, Sara, I needed a refresher on this case as well:

    McStay Family May Have Been Beaten to Death With Sledgehammer, Detective Testifies

    POSTED 2:17 PM, JUNE 15, 2015, BY [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] AND [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], UPDATED AT 09:54PM, JUNE 15, 2015

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    and:

    Attorney: Greed alleged motive in McStay family slayings

    POSTED: 06/10/15, 9:11 PM PDT|UPDATED: ON 06/11/2015

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  12. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    by water
    Posts
    932
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what an evil man. I had never read about the sledgehammer Maryjane and I really appreciate this. I had followed it up to the bodies being found and Merritt arrested and then stopped with disgust. I cant even think about what went on in that house. thank you very much. I wish they would try him and fry him soon.
    my posts are my opinion only

  13. #43
    Administrator sunny47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,963
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Trial date ‘solid’ for McStay family murder suspect, defense attorney says
    Aug 25, 2017

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    A San Bernardino Superior Court judge on Friday set a Nov. 13 trial date for Charles “Chase” Merritt, charged in the bludgeoning deaths of a San Diego County family of four whose remains were found buried in the Mojave Desert, near Victorville, in 2013.

    Merritt, 60, of Homeland, stands accused of the February 2010 beating deaths of Fallbrook residents Joseph McStay,**40, his wife, Summer, 43, and their two children, Gianni, 4, and Joseph Jr., 3. He was arrested and charged with the crimes in November 2014, nearly a year after the McStay family’s remains were discovered in San Bernardino County.
    Merritt faces the death penalty if convicted.
    During a pretrial hearing Friday, Judge Michael A. Smith ticked off a series of new court dates: a trial readiness hearing set for Sept. 21, a motions hearing for Oct. 30, another pretrial hearing for Nov. 9, and jury selection and trial for Nov. 13.
    “That’s pretty solid,” Merritt’s attorney, Rajan R. Maline, said of the court dates in a telephone interview Friday. “We anticipate being ready, and the prosecution has indicated they are ready.”
    He said jury selection is expected to last through the holiday season with opening statements and presentation of evidence to begin in early January.
    The pretrial motions Maline said he plans on filing on or before the Oct. 7 deadline will focus on evidentiary issues – what evidence will and will not be presented during the trial. Judge Smith will hear, and possibly rule on, the motions on Oct. 30.
    “That’s basically it – sharpening and putting into focus the evidence that’s actually going to be used,” Maline said.
    Thousands of pages of sheriff’s reports, phone and accounting records turned over to the defense camp following Merritt’s arrest.

  14. #44
    Senior Member Oregongal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    1,477
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny47 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Trial date ‘solid’ for McStay family murder suspect, defense attorney says
    Aug 25, 2017

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    A San Bernardino Superior Court judge on Friday set a Nov. 13 trial date for Charles “Chase” Merritt, charged in the bludgeoning deaths of a San Diego County family of four whose remains were found buried in the Mojave Desert, near Victorville, in 2013.

    Merritt, 60, of Homeland, stands accused of the February 2010 beating deaths of Fallbrook residents Joseph McStay,**40, his wife, Summer, 43, and their two children, Gianni, 4, and Joseph Jr., 3. He was arrested and charged with the crimes in November 2014, nearly a year after the McStay family’s remains were discovered in San Bernardino County.
    Merritt faces the death penalty if convicted.
    During a pretrial hearing Friday, Judge Michael A. Smith ticked off a series of new court dates: a trial readiness hearing set for Sept. 21, a motions hearing for Oct. 30, another pretrial hearing for Nov. 9, and jury selection and trial for Nov. 13.
    “That’s pretty solid,” Merritt’s attorney, Rajan R. Maline, said of the court dates in a telephone interview Friday. “We anticipate being ready, and the prosecution has indicated they are ready.”
    He said jury selection is expected to last through the holiday season with opening statements and presentation of evidence to begin in early January.
    The pretrial motions Maline said he plans on filing on or before the Oct. 7 deadline will focus on evidentiary issues – what evidence will and will not be presented during the trial. Judge Smith will hear, and possibly rule on, the motions on Oct. 30.
    “That’s basically it – sharpening and putting into focus the evidence that’s actually going to be used,” Maline said.
    Thousands of pages of sheriff’s reports, phone and accounting records turned over to the defense camp following Merritt’s arrest.
    Finally!!!

  15. #45
    Administrator sunny47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,963
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Summer McStay may have been raped before she was killed, buried in desert, court document says
    UPDATED: December 7, 2017 at 11:57 pm

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    San Bernardino County sheriff’s investigators believe Summer McStay, who along with her husband Joseph and two young sons was fatally beaten with a sledgehammer and buried in a shallow grave near Victorville, may have been raped before she was killed, according to a court document.

    A motion filed in San Bernardino Superior Court on Nov. 20 on behalf of McStay family murder suspect Charles “Chase” Merritt by his attorney, James McGee, argued against the use of family photos and/or videos of the McStay family at trial, stating it could engender sympathy from the jury for the victims and prejudice the jury against Merritt A motion filed in San Bernardino Superior Court on Nov. 20 on behalf of McStay family murder suspect Charles “Chase” Merritt by his attorney, James McGee, argued against the use of family photos and/or videos of the McStay family at trial, stating it could engender sympathy from the jury for the victims and prejudice the jury against Merritt

    Much more @ Link above!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •