Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire and Fury in the White House - new book

I posted a link to read Fire and Fury FREE - in the Current Events thread. I wasn't sure exactly where to put it - should it be here instead?

Oh heck, I'll just post it here too and mods please delete if I'm in the wrong place, either of them.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I bought the book yesterday and then downloaded it to my Kindle - then a friend posted this link to read the book for free.

Enjoy! (It sure does sound like a nutty White House!)
    Last edited by crimeq; 01-07-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Senior Member Asteroids Champion, Crazy Shuttle Champion, Barb Jump Champion, Arkanoid Champion MissWasabi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure to makes the legs of every dimmie tingle.

I'll never look at that trash.
    Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWasabi [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'm with you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWasabi [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

What is a "dimmie", pray tell?

I don't expect most Trump supporters to read the book, but that hasn't stopped it from reaching #1 on the best seller list overnight, where I expect it to stay for some time.

There's remarkably little back-talk from people quoted in the book btw, which is a strong indication that what's reported is true.

Senior Member Asteroids Champion, Crazy Shuttle Champion, Barb Jump Champion, Arkanoid Champion MissWasabi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crimeq [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I don't expect most Trump supporters to read the book, but that hasn't stopped it from reaching #1 on the best seller list overnight, where I expect it to stay for some time.

There's remarkably little back-talk from people quoted in the book btw, which is a strong indication that what's reported is true.
    LOL - I better shut up now.
    Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOL - I better shut up now.
    LOL~Perhaps?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crimeq [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I figured it would be a best seller because people love trash and dirt. Anna Wintour has denied Wolff's claim that she asked Trump to be ambassador to the UK. I think he has also stated that he, himself, doesn't know if everything in the book is true. I don't doubt Wolff heard people say things and he giddily scribbled away whatever they said true or not. To me its reckless to write a book not knowing its veracity. Wolff knew he would make a buttload of money off this deal. It was about money.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flipflop [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I figured it would be a best seller because people love trash and dirt. Anna Wintour has denied Wolff's claim that she asked Trump to be ambassador to the UK. I think he has also stated that he, himself, doesn't know if everything in the book is true. I don't doubt Wolff heard people say things and he giddily scribbled away whatever they said true or not. To me its reckless to write a book not knowing its veracity. Wolff knew he would make a buttload of money off this deal. It was about money.
    Sad how some people are gleefully eating it up. The dumbing down of America continues.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Sad how some people are gleefully eating it up. The dumbing down of America continues.
    It's true though, that some people are attracted to gossip, me included. My draw to the crime forums is because I'm nosy and want to hear the gritty details of why a murder happened and what was going on in their lives. I hear something unflattering, behind the scenes info about Hillary and I secretly want to think 'yeah, I knew (whatever) was probably true!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flipflop [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    How did the White House not even notice that this author was holding office in the White House lobby day after day for so many months? And everybody talked to him? Sheesh, that's White House chaos in and of itself!

Relatively few people are denying what's said that they said, which means a lot.

The book seems to confirm what's been said about the White House chaos since Trump moved in.

We're on to a new chapter now with Trump's new schedule which is interspersed with "executive time" throughout the day, LOL. Some places, that's called a retirement home. It's almost like his handlers are trying to keep him out of the spotlight unless they KNOW they can control it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's true though, that some people are attracted to gossip, me included. My draw to the crime forums is because I'm nosy and want to hear the gritty details of why a murder happened and what was going on in their lives. I hear something unflattering, behind the scenes info about Hillary and I secretly want to think 'yeah, I knew (whatever) was probably true!
    You are right about gossip, but it's more than that, IMO. Outside of Trump's base there is genuine concern about what he has done to our country and fear about what he may do to it in the future. There is genuine concern about his mental health and his fitness for office, period - this is a problem electing someone for such office when they have no governing background. Trump, unfortunately, also has no interest in learning anything about his office, governing, world events, etc. He doesn't have the knowledge or skill for office and no intention to develop it. All IMO of course.

Also - remember that he tried to stop the publication of this book! LOL. Yeah, he's not concerned about anything, nah.

In the USA, "stop the press!" means something other than banning a book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    It's very sad. The writer comes across in interviews as having some very serious mental health issues. Why anyone would waste their hard-earned money on his book truly is beyond my grasp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

A 2004 New Republic [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] of Wolff meanwhile noted that “the scenes in his columns aren’t recreated so much as created—springing from Wolff’s imagination rather than from actual knowledge of events.” The same piece quoted an editor who worked with Wolff as saying “his great gift is the appearance of intimate access. He is adroit at making the reader think that he has spent hours and days with his subject, when in fact he may have spent no time at all.” A 1998 article about Wolff’s book Burn Rate