Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After Golden Globes - OPRAH for President 2020?

I didn't watch the Golden Globes last night but of course all kinds of snippets of the event are all over social media and cable TV this morning.

I see people actually postulating an OPRAH run for president in 2020.

What do you think?

I can see her drawing from all parties - she seems non-partisan.

This is a brilliant woman and while she doesn't have political experience, she has enormous management experience and really would get the best people for the job, and listen to them, which seems to be lacking in the current White House.

What do you think? Do you think Oprah would have a shot at it? Would you vote for her?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crimeq [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I didn't watch the Golden Globes last night but of course all kinds of snippets of the event are all over social media and cable TV this morning.

I see people actually postulating an OPRAH run for president in 2020.

What do you think?

I can see her drawing from all parties - she seems non-partisan.

This is a brilliant woman and while she doesn't have political experience, she has enormous management experience and really would get the best people for the job, and listen to them, which seems to be lacking in the current White House.

What do you think? Do you think Oprah would have a shot at it? Would you vote for her?
    I wouldn't vote for her. IMO she's a female version of Obama only much smarter. I also believe she talks out of both sides of her mouth. She talks about the empowerment of women yet she didn't back Hillary in the 2008 election, she backed Obama.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, Oprah would have the votes but not sure if she would have enough to win. I don't think she wants the job. It's probably more of a Hollywood pushing it thing.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Apparently, from a source that knows her personal from working with her at channel 13, Oprah has h
    HUGE skeletons in her closet. A run for President wouldn't be good for her.

If people think Trump is unknowlegable in government, what is Oprah?
    They are business people, which can be good but it's not Oprah...

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roenick [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Apparently, from a source that knows her personal from working with her at channel 13, Oprah has h

Is Oprah still with whatshisname?

Senior Member Asteroids Champion, Crazy Shuttle Champion, Barb Jump Champion, Arkanoid Champion MissWasabi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Stedman Graham, yes.
    Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWasabi [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Stedman Graham, yes.
    Thanks,I couldnt remember his name for the life of me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simba [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I wouldn't vote for her. IMO she's a female version of Obama only much smarter. I also believe she talks out of both sides of her mouth. She talks about the empowerment of women yet she didn't back Hillary in the 2008 election, she backed Obama.
    She is very smart.

I don't have a problem with her voting for Obama over Hillary. They were both minorities but hit two of Oprah's buttons and I understand her voting for the first black president.

What do you mean when you say "she's a female version of Obama"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flipflop [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Sure, Oprah would have the votes but not sure if she would have enough to win. I don't think she wants the job. It's probably more of a Hollywood pushing it thing.
    I think she's testing the water to see what public response is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roenick [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Oprah started out poor and created and ran a business empire. She's also far smarter than Trump and really would hire the best people, and listen to them. Paired with some good politicians, she would be awesome, IMO.

Unfortunately the Democrats really don't have a SUPER candidate for 2020 so far and to go head-to-head with Trump, someone like Oprah may be their best bet.

I think Oprah would beat Trump hands down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Yes, and apparently he is saying that she finds the idea of politics intriguing. I do think she's testing the waters right now.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crimeq [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Oprah started out poor and created and ran a business empire. She's also far smarter than Trump and really would hire the best people, and listen to them. Paired with some good politicians, she would be awesome, IMO.

Unfortunately the Democrats really don't have a SUPER candidate for 2020 so far and to go head-to-head with Trump, someone like Oprah may be their best bet.

I think Oprah would beat Trump hands down.
    I'm sure she would win based solely on popularity, I don't think she is any better of a business person than Trump. While she may come off more Presidential, she is still on his level as far as anything else.
    I do not believe she would be a good President for the people.

I also don't believe she is a good of a person as she pretends to be.