Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Senior Member Asteroids Champion, Crazy Shuttle Champion, Barb Jump Champion, Arkanoid Champion MissWasabi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

13 Dead in California mudslides

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Just terrible - raging fire and now this.
    Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWasabi [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Wow,Mother Nature at her worst.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWasabi [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

A high school friend of mine lives in Montecito. His dad was my English teacher.....LOL!! He has posted pictures of the flooding and mudslides. Praying for all.

Senior Member Asteroids Champion, Crazy Shuttle Champion, Barb Jump Champion, Arkanoid Champion MissWasabi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping the hillsides stay intact around the EB91 & Green River Dr. on my way home.

There was a bad mudslide there 3 years ago.
    Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping the hillsides stay intact around the EB91 & Green River Dr. on my way home.

There was a bad mudslide there 3 years ago.
    Stay safe xoxo.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Stay safe xoxo.
    Thanks, dingo. At least it's not raining much now. I'll be leaving work in about 35 minutes.

There have already been slides and flooding in the same general area (yesterday), but further back in the hills as a result of the Canyon Fire 2 this summer.
    There is an evacuation order in place for that area.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks, dingo. At least it's not raining much now. I'll be leaving work in about 35 minutes.

There have already been slides and flooding in the same general area (yesterday), but further back in the hills as a result of the Canyon Fire 2 this summer.
    There is an evacuation order in place for that area.
    Sending prayers and can you report but in when you get home Ta.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Are you home yet mate?

Admin
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I saw footage on the news, how awful . I hope you're safe and sound at home MissW!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    horrible stories on the news this morning.

I saw a man crying on tv - he and his wife found a baby! just a random baby! they cleaned the mud out of the baby's mouth, I hope it is okay.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    16 now considered deceased

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Are you home yet mate?
    Got home OK. Hit a few flooded patches on the way home, and no mudslide yet on the freeway.
    Rain is supposed to stop today. That neighborhood in Corona is still under evacuation orders.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protectkidz [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    horrible stories on the news this morning.

I saw a man crying on tv - he and his wife found a baby! just a random baby! they cleaned the mud out of the baby's mouth, I hope it is okay.
    Yes, in 4 feet of mud. Poor little one!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "...Berkeley Johnson and his wife, Karen, had climbed to their roof around 3am on Tuesday after mud and boulders crashed into their home.

After the flooding receded, Johnson heard the cries from the neighbors house, so he jumped into action and dug for feet through the mud to find the child, who was under a pile of rocks. It remains unclear who the child belonged to.

'We don't know where it came from but we got it out, got the mud out of its mouth. I hope it's okay. I'm glad we got it out but who knows what else is out there,' he told KSBY, holding back tears.

Karen Johnson said that she and Berkeley were rescued by fire officials after climbing on to the roof of their neighbor's garage. The baby was taken to a local hospital for treatment. ..."

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "The Associated Press describes the catastrophic scene after the storm struck on Tuesday:

"The mud was unleashed in the dead of night by flash flooding in the steep, fire-scarred Santa Ynez Mountains. Burned-over zones are especially susceptible to destructive mudslides because scorched earth doesn't absorb water well and the land is easily eroded when there are no shrubs.

"The torrent arrived suddenly and with a sound some likened to a freight train as water carrying rocks and trees washed away cars and trashed homes.

"Thomas Tighe said he stepped outside his Montecito home in the middle of the night and heard 'a deep rumbling, an ominous sound I knew was ... boulders moving as the mud was rising.'

"Two cars were missing from his driveway and he watched two others slowly move sideways down the middle of the street 'in a river of mud.'

"In daylight, Tighe was shocked to see a body pinned by muck against his neighbor's home. He wasn't sure who it was.

"Authorities had been bracing for the possibility of catastrophic flooding because of heavy rain in the forecast for the first time in 10 months."..."