0 Thread(s)
    Video about missing children shows search for Kyron

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YW Batty

Did you hear that over at BOC, Blink has been saying for months she is going to publish an interview with TH soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Deedee is so innocent why did she plead the 5th amendment many, many times during a deposition? You can only plead the 5th on the grounds that it may incriminate YOU. She wouldn't answer a single question about TMH or Kyron.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Birdie~ [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    YW Batty

Did you hear that over at BOC, Blink has been saying for months she is going to publish an interview with TH soon.
    Why am I not surprised...Blink is going to fall hard when she finds out the truth about Terri/Claire!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzler [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    If Deedee is so innocent why did she plead the 5th amendment many, many times during a deposition? You can only plead the 5th on the grounds that it may incriminate YOU. She wouldn't answer a single question about TMH or Kyron.
    Great point Puzzler. The bat phones and saying things like they had to go out to the yard to talk sets off my hinky meter too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Batty [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Why am I not surprised...Blink is going to fall hard when she finds out the truth about Terri/Claire!
    There is stuff said that isn't true. When I recently read that John Walsh was a pandering kook it made me sick. Made up stuff like the attorney on the Dr. Phil show was an former fbi agent. Not true at all. I have the utmost respect for John Walsh and his work for finding missing children.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Breaking News:

Sheriff Dan Staton is retiring in August. That means a new Sheriff overlooking the Kyron Horman case.

Staton's email to his staff reads:

I have been thinking about all of the employees here at the Sheriff's Office and everything that has transpired over the past months. You truly are the finest... I can no longer subject any of you to the challenges that I am facing. To that end I will be retiring from my position as Sheriff on August 16th of this year. I have informed the Chair and other Commissioners of my decision, to include District Attorney Underhill and the Oregon State Sheriff's Association.

With that, I will be hiring Mike Reese on June 20th as the new Undersheriff. We will begin the process of acclimating him to the Sheriff's Office operations. This will include transitioning the budget and those responsibilities associated to the position and rank he will hold as the Sheriff's interim designee. This will include introductions to our Board of County Commissioners and other elected officials and department heads of the county.

I will be sending out a follow up email to fill you in on additional plans as we get closer to my retirement date. I want to thank you for your expressed concern, support and continued service to the citizens of our county.

Dan Staton
    Multnomah County Sheriff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton announces retirement

Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton attends the Hollywood neighborhood's 2009 Veterans Day Parade soon after his swearing-in as interim sheriff. (Photo by Randy L. Rasmussen/The Oregonian)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton will retire this summer, he announced in an email to staff sent at 10:40 a.m. Friday.

Staton is the subject of a county human resources investigation over his treatment of employees.

Three unions have called for his resignation, including the Oregon chapter of the American Federal of State, County and Municipal Employees this week.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] By [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New set of eyes on Kyron's case can't hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to let everyone know, we are planning something for Kyron this Saturday, June 4, 2016. At The Wall of Hope. Stay tuned for more info. ��

In the meantime, the wall needs some TLC. I will be going up there sometime next week to pull weeds and clean it up. I'm also going to add some stuff to the wall, to brighten it up. Anyone who would like to come and help out, let me know and we can set up a date and time. Also, if you could bring a little something to leave at the wall, that would be wonderful. �� [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Kyron will be missing 6 years on June 4, 2016. There is a $50,000 reward for information leading to the recovery of Kyron. If you have information on Kyron, please contact [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    View Oregon News, Community, Sports, Weather Images & Pictures
    Volunteers hold on to hope that Kyron Horman will be found

Thursday, June 02, 2016 9:47 PM

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] By [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Email the author | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Follow
    Volunteers clean up and add to Kyron Horman's Wall of Hope in Beaverton, June 2, 2016. Saturday will mark the sixth anniversary since Kyron Horman disappeared. Kristyna Wentz-Graff/Staff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I got involved from the day I heard that Kyron was missing," says Stacey Green.
    "If it was my kid I'd want someone to help me, no matter how long it took to get them home and justice served," says Green, a mother of three from Longview, Washington.
    Saturday will mark the sixth anniversary of the disappearance of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] from Portland's Skyline School.

"I just don't want people to forget about him. I feel like he's slipping from people's memories."
    On Thursday morning, Green spent about an hour putting up decorations and signs at the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Four sections of fence are adorned with faded notes, stuffed animals and photos of Kyron.
    She was joined by two other volunteers, who came to add new items and brighten up the wall in preparation for a public remembrance to be held there at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    The wall is at Xtreme Edge Gym, 16365 N.W. Erin Oaks Drive.
    People can add items to the wall then in support of the search for the boy and his family.
    "We'll let Kyron know and his family know that we haven't forgotten about him," said Green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my favorite picture of Kyrons Wall Of Hope...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thank you Batty, Birdie and puzzler for posting on Kyron's thread.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Thank you Batty, Birdie and puzzler for posting on Kyron's thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every day I pray for Kyron to be found. I am glad the volunteers are still active and sprucing up Kyron's wall. It breaks my heart that his family cannot bury their child (for I know in my heart he is dead). I don't know how they bear it. I think all we can do is pray. Pray he is found. Pray Terri slips up (because I think praying she will grow a conscience is a waste of time). Pray that someone knows something and finally speaks up. Pray that someone comes across him by chance. It's all I know to do.
    Last edited by puzzler; 06-04-2016 at 03:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just breaking my heart! That poor child, I wonder what happened to him? Did anyone see him at the school during the Science fair, or did she lie and say that she drove him to it? This took place after school hours, correct? Did he come home on the bus first, and she drove him to the fair, or did he stay after school for it, and she was supposed to pick him up? Was he even at school that day? Sorry for all the questions, I read all the posts, but some of the information is missing and not in the articles I read up on. My heart just aches for this little guy, sounds like he was a pawn caught in the middle of a marriage breaking up, and possibly used to hurt the husband? My thoughts are with his family. I hope and pray that they get answers soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The science fair was before school started in the morning. She took a picture of him by his project. She's the last person that saw him. She says she saw him walking to his classroom and then she left. He never made it to the classroom. There was a talent show later that day that he was supposed to participate in but she didn't go for that. She was at home with Kaine when the bus came after school without Kyron on it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Holding out hope for Kyron Horman: Saturday marks 6th anniversary of his disappearance (Photos)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] The Oregonian - on June 03, 2016 at 10:29 AM, updated June 03, 2016 at 9:21 PM

"I got involved from the day I heard that Kyron was missing," says Stacey Green.

"If it was my kid I'd want someone to help me, no matter how long it took to get them home and justice served," says Green, a mother of three from Longview, Washington.

Saturday will mark the sixth anniversary of the disappearance of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] from Portland's Skyline School.

His stepmother, Terri Horman, had brought the second-grader to school to attend a science fair. He never made it to his regular class and wasn't reported missing until later that afternoon when he didn't arrive home on the school bus.

The 7-year-old's disappearance sparked the state's largest search-and-rescue operation but he has yet to be located. No arrests have been made.

Green has volunteered countless hours trying to spread the message about Kyron Horman in hope that someone will hear his story who might have some information.

She's particularly active on the Facebook page [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] which she says she began after the boy's disappearance. She regularly posts photos of Kyron, fundraising information and other notes to volunteers.

"I just don't want people to forget about him. I feel like he's slipping from people's memories."

On Thursday morning, Green spent about an hour putting up decorations and signs at the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Four sections of fence are adorned with faded notes, stuffed animals and photos of Kyron.

Last edited by Aubrey; 06-04-2016 at 01:38 PM.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6 LONG YEARS . . .

What is it like to have a missing loved one?

Every day is just as painful as the last. You struggle to hold on to hope when you are constantly riding a roller coaster of emotions. You struggle to remember and find any bit of happiness, but are convinced that it no longer exists. Many moments and events in your family’s life that should be celebrated are just reminders that you still have someone missing from it. Each day you wake up and pray that he/she will be brought home to you because you just can’t bear another day without them. And each day as you go to sleep, you pray for it all over again. You are stuck reliving all of the regrets you have, over and over and over again. If you could just go back in time and change it. You pray for the evil one to grow a conscience and do the right thing, to give you answers, to give you some measure of peace even if it’s small, and you pray for them to give you your loved one back. Against all of the odds you never give up, you never stop, you always pray, you wish on every star, and you continue getting up and doing it all over again because you will never give up on hope, you will never give up on them.

We have so many missing children in the World and their families are going through similar feelings and experiences.

What is it like now that Kyron has been missing for 6 years?

Each year I reflect on where we are and how I can change it, I try to think of at least one more thing I can do. I can tell you of all of the things that we have done to bring Kyron home, but you have all been here with us to see it. And still, we don’t have Kyron home. Each day I still expect to get that phone call that I am waiting for, you know the one, “Desiree, this is the police, we have found Kyron!” I want that phone call more than anything, I want to see the police standing on my doorstep waiting to tell me they’ve found him. I have dreamt of the day I get to hold onto Kyron again, and hug him until he says I can’t breathe Momma. I have gone over that moment and planned it out in every detail, in my head. I have dreamt of it so many times that it feels real, until I realize it’s a dream and I have just woken up.

I hope that today you will think of Kyron and all of our missing children…I would love to hear how you raised awareness for a missing child, shared their picture and story, or simply did something to recognize the day.

I hope you think of Kyron today because it takes just one person to save a life and bring him home.

Desiree Young, Kyron’s Momma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So he never made it inside the school? No one saw him at all that day, in or around the school, correct? Sorry, just trying to clarify this, especially where she took a picture of him with his project before they left for the fair. I am assuming that the picture was taken at home. Did the police ever find evidence of his project, either at home, or at the school?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelslady [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    So he never made it inside the school? No one saw him at all that day, in or around the school, correct? Sorry, just trying to clarify this, especially where she took a picture of him with his project before they left for the fair. I am assuming that the picture was taken at home. Did the police ever find evidence of his project, either at home, or at the school?
    Here's a basic look at what happened on the day the second-grader disappeared from Skyline School and the following days: 2010
    Friday, June 4
    8 a.m. Skyline Elementary, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], opens early so students and parents can tour the science fair. A billboard outside reads: "June 4, I.B. Inquiry Expo, 8-10, Talent show, 1-2:45." Kyron was to take part in both the expo/science fair and the talent show.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] arrives shortly afterward with her stepson, Kyron.
    8:15 a.m. Gina Zimmerman, president of the school PTA, arrives and sees Kyron with his stepmother in front of his exhibit.
    8:45 a.m. Terri Horman leaves after watching Kyron walk toward his classroom after touring the science fair.
    9 a.m. Kyron is reportedly seen by a student near the south entrance of the school, according to Sheriff Dan Staton, who says that was the last time the boy was seen. Multnomah County authorities later backtrack on that statement.

10 a.m.
    Classes begin.
    At some point, Kyron's homeroom teacher, Kristina Porter, reports him absent.

A photo posted on his stepmother's Facebook page shows Kyron Horman in front of his science fair project, wearing the "CSI" T-shirt he was last seen in.
    1:21 p.m. Terri Horman posts photos of Kyron at the science fair on her Facebook page.
    3:30 p.m. Terri Horman goes to meet the school bus and discovers that Kyron has been absent all day. (Kaine Horman went with her to meet the bus, a fact that emerges during a television interview on June 25.)
    3:46 p.m. Skyline School secretary Susan Hall places a call to 9-1-1 about Kyron being missing.
    4:33 p.m. Officers from the Portland Police Bureau and the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office arrive simultaneously at Skyline School and the Horman home.
    5:30 p.m. Rapid broadcast message from Portland Public Schools goes out to alert families of a missing student. The message: "Kyron Horman did not arrive at home today." It was broadcast to the phones of parents across the school district.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappearance

On June 4, 2010, Kyron was brought to school by his [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Terri Horman, who then stayed with him while he attended a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Terri Horman stated that she left the school at around 8:45 a.m. and remembered seeing Kyron walking down the hall to his first class.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] However, he was never seen in his first math class; instead, he was marked absent for the day and has not been seen since.

Search and rescue vehicles along Skyline Boulevard during search in March 2011

Horman's statements to the police indicate that, after leaving the school at 8:45 a.m., she ran errands at a local grocery store until about 10:10 a.m. Between 10:10 a.m. and 11:39 a.m., she states that she drove her daughter around town in an attempt to use the motion of the vehicle to soothe the toddler's [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Horman went to a local [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] at 11:39 a.m., and worked out until about 12:40 p.m. By 1:21 p.m., she had arrived home and posted photos on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] of Kyron at the science fair earlier that morning.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

At 3:30 p.m., Horman, her husband Kaine Horman, and their daughter, Kiara, walked to the school bus stop to meet Kyron. The bus driver informed them that Kyron had not boarded the bus after school. The bus driver was asked to call the school and ask where Kyron was. She was informed by the school secretary that Kyron hadn't been in school since early that day and had been marked absent. She reported to the secretary that she did not have Kyron and, therefore, he was missing. The secretary then called the 911 call center using a private phone number assigned to the Portland Public School district to report that Kyron was missing. The 911 call center then reported this information to the police.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelslady [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Hi Steelslady!...He did make it inside the school that morning, Terri took a pic of him next to his science project there...Per LE, Terri was the last known person to see Kyron inside the school that morning...In six years, not one single person has come forward to say they saw Kyron after Terri says she left!...There is not one doubt in my mind that Terri is as guilty as the day is long in whatever happened to Kyron!...I pray for the day he is found and justice when LE comes knocking on her door!...
    Last edited by Batty; 06-04-2016 at 05:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Event marks 6 years since Kyron Horman disappeared

Posted: Jun 04, 2016 9:46 AM Updated: Jun 04, 2016 9:46 AM By FOX 12 Staff[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Kyron Horman, photo from the day he disappeared, June 4, 2010.

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) - It has been six years since Kyron Horman was last seen at his school.
    Saturday people will gather for a Never Forget, Never Give Up Hope remembrance event at the Kyron Wall of Hope at 5 p.m.
    The Wall of Hope is outside International Fitness, formerly Xtreme Edge Gym, just off Cornell Road in Beaverton.
    Everyone is welcome to attend the event.
    Kyron was last seen at Skyline School on June 4, 2010.
    Kyron’s parents maintain his step-mother, Terri Horman, is involved in his disappearance, but she has never been named a suspect.
    Police has never named a person of interest in Kyron’s disappearance.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Birdie- that is a very helpful time line!

So, no one saw him leave the school with his step mother? The fair happened before school, and he was walking towards his classroom. I wonder if anyone else saw him walk to his classroom besides his step mother? Apparently, they didn't have any cameras in the school to trace his last steps, it appears.

I'm just curious as to why the cops suspect the step Mom. Someone should have seen him walking out of the building with her- early mornings are chaotic at school, I would think that at least one person would have been able to verify that he left with his step mother. How can that many people in the building not see a trace of him after the Science fair?! Just thinking out loud, sorry. I am just puzzled as to how they suspect the step mother only, when other scenarios are possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Praying for Kyron and for his family this day and everyday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Batty!

See, I am on the fence about this. It doesn't make sense as to why she would bring him to the Science fair, take photos of him, then leave with him, with so many people there. There is no one to dispute that she left alone, right?

I am assuming the police checked the grocery store and gym to make sure she was at both places. I can tell you from past experience, my son, who's now an adult, used to get awful ear infections, especially when he was teething. The biggest comfort to him, was car rides. I'm not sure if it's because the ride distracted him, or the motion of the car might have been comforting to him, but he would fall asleep after I would drive him around a bit, and I was able to put him in his crib for a decent nap, which helped him get better. So, honestly, I don't find that odd at all, to be honest, many parents use the car ride method to put a child to sleep- sometimes, it's better than a rocking chair.

I'm just baffled, how the Superintendent saw him a half of an hour before his step mother left. What about the rest of the staff? I know that they might not remember each and ever student that crossed their path that morning, but you know that there had to be a few who saw him that morning. Especially where he partook in the Science fair.

I'm new to this case, I admit. I read it yesterday, and it tore at my heart. I'm just trying to figure out how an entire school of staff, students, and parents somehow, someway, missed seeing him leave with his step mother, if that was the case.

What about the Dad? I take it he has an air tight alibi?

Poor darling, I pray he is alive and well somewhere safe and sound, but sadly, I think we all probably agree that that is not the likely outcome of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm obviously very new to this case, so I apologize for all the confusion.

I just read up a bit elsewhere about this case, and all I can say is, wow!

Did the father have full custody of Kyron, hence why he was living with the Dad and step mother? I just find it strange that his step mother went to the Science fair with him, instead of his own mother or father.

I am still reading up on this case. I'm wondering what role the mother Desiree played in Kyron's life?

I pray that Kyron's little sister is safe and sound. Last I read, the mother still hasn't done anything to try and see her the last couple of years. This is just so sad.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast