Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Thread: 2-year-old left in car found dead at mayor's house

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2-year-old left in car found dead at mayor's house

I did not see this one posted. Hope it is not a duplicate. I hate, hate these stories.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

GATLINBURG, Tenn. — The home where police found a 2-year-old child dead after being left in a vehicle overnight Thursday [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

A neighbor who saw police at the scene on Friday evening identified the house as 416 Laurel Ave. According to the Sevier County Property Assessor's Office, that house is owned by Kirkman, who lists a Westmoreland mailing address.
    Police found the child dead after responding 1:57 p.m. Friday to a report of a child left in a vehicle overnight on Laurel Avenue, according to a police news release.
    The Gatlinburg Police Department and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation both declined on Tuesday to release the incident report to the USA TODAY Network, citing the ongoing investigation.
    Authorities haven't released information in the case such as the identity or gender of the child, the address where the child was found, how long the child was in the vehicle, and whether anyone was taken into custody.
    Gatlinburg Police Chief Randall Brackins didn't return calls on Tuesday.
    Kirkman, the mayor of the Sumner County town with a population of about 2,200, didn't respond to multiple requests for comment.

More at link....

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the child was in the car overnight and wasn't found until almost 2:00 IN THE AFTERNOON?????????????????????????

Admin
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I cannot wrap my head around now this happens accidentally (not saying this wasn't an accident....).

RIP, baby boy .

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Things seem to be very hush-hush concerning this. This is my neck of the woods and ain't nobody saying nothin'.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Things seem to be very hush-hush concerning this. This is my neck of the woods and ain't nobody saying nothin'.
    It is amazing how many of these stories we read and there is never a follow up. The story just dies. That is not right.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    'Tennessee mayor's two-year-old grandson' is found dead in a car outside the official's home after being left OVERNIGHT on a 91 degree day

July 19, 2017

A two-year-old child has been found dead after being left overnight in a car.

Police found the toddler shortly before 2pm last Friday after being called to the home in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, which is owned by local mayor Jerry Kirkman, according to property records.

Officials have not released any additional information about the child, including how long the toddler was in the car, the gender, or if anyone has since been taken into custody.

Kirkman is the mayor of Westmoreland - a small community of about 2,000 people 50 miles northeast of Nashville.

Friends of the family have identified the child as the mayor's young grandson.

'Please be in prayer for Jerry and Jackie Kirkman. I just found out their 2 yr (sic) old granson (sic) passed away,' one Westmoreland local wrote.

The Knoxville News Sentinel said attempts to contact people at the mayor's property on Wednesday were unsuccessful.

The newspaper said children's toys were scattered around the front-yard, and also spoke to locals in the area about the shocking death.

'It's sad... You think about what maybe you could have done if you had driven by that way,' Chris Box, who was working at a home nearby at the time, told the News Sentinel.

'It’s really disheartening. I have a seven-month-old son and I don’t know how you forget a child in the car. I just can’t fathom it.'

Records show temperatures in Gatlinburg reached highs of 91 and 90 last Thursday and Friday.

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Well, it does involve 'the mayor'.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A grand jury returned presentments against Anthony Dyllan Phillips, 26, and Jade Elizabeth Phillips, 24, for a total of four counts in the death of their son, Kipp Phillips: first degree murder committed in the perpetration of aggravated child neglect, first degree murder committed in the perpetration of aggravated child abuse, aggravated child neglect, and aggravated child abuse.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe public out-cry is heard, once in a while. Word is that "Mom" and "Dad" worked graveyard shift (Where was this baby while they worked???) and when they got "home" (not their house-especially since they were arrested elsewhere) they went to bed and didn't realize their child was still in the fucking car until around 2:00 PM.
    I have never and never will believe anyone "FORGETS their child in the car. I've had 2 children and 1 grandchild and I have never forgot they were with me.
    My mother forgot to pick my daughter up from daycare one time, but that was the only time someone got "forgot". And it wasn't baking in a "oven".
    I just can't follow these cases any more. It infuriates me.